cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ODP based on Advanced DSO

0 Kudos

Hello,

I try to load data from one BW (global BW) to another (APO BW).

In the global BW there is a advanced DSO that should be used as a data source for the APO BW. How can I load the data from the global BW (ADSO) into the APO BW?

In the past we used the export data sources of standard DSOs. But nowadays there is no export data source for advanced DSO.

Therefore I tried to use Operational Data Provisioning (ODP) to extract the data. I've created a ODP BW source system successfully, but unfortunately I can create just data sources based on standard DSO, InfoCubes and HANA optimized Cubes but not ADSO.

Is there a solution how to use ADSO in ODP or another usefull workaround to get the ADSO data into the target BW?

Many thanks in advance for any replies.

Kind regards

Chris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Roland,

the target BW (APO BW) has in version 7.4 SP11. The source BW is at least on version 7.4 SP11. It will be updated to 7.5 shortly.

Kind regards

Chris

ABner
Participant
0 Kudos

Roland,

Did you receive an anwer for this?  We are facing the same issue sending data from BW to APO.  Each scenario that replaces DSO with ADSO will have problems since there is no more export datasource!

0 Kudos

Hi Aaron,

unfortunately still no solution from my side. Someone else an idea?

Best Regards

Chris

RolandKramer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As already stated, please have a look to the Attachment of the SAP Note http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2070577

If nothing is stated there, I assume this functionality is not available at this time.

Best Regards

Roland

0 Kudos

Hi Roland,

thanks for your information now.

But in the note and the referenced documents there are no information whether this functionality is available or planned .

There's the possibility to create an Open ODS View on a ADSO and to generate a data source for this Open ODS View. But for this data source there's no delta enabled, just a full load is possible. That's not a feasible workaround.

Best Regards

Chris

0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

ODP context is the way to go Therefore we do not need the "old" export DataSource for advanced DataStore Objects anymore.

In your release the following SAP Note 2195306 will enable advanced DataStore Objects for ODP.

This has been delivered starting with SAP BW 7.4 SP13.

Regards,

Marc

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

RolandKramer
Active Contributor

Hi,

Detail about the scenario e.g Versions of BW and HANA would help

Best Regards

Roland

0 Kudos

Hi, I am working on the design where we will need to load data from BPC BW (BW 7.4 on HANA) to another BW system which is on BW 7.3 on Oracle.

Can you suggest which solution should work, please ?

Thanks

Hardik