Clarity on Compositions ??

satya11719
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

As i know what composition is based on

Standard composition which we enter the composition with ingredients manually,

Exact composition based on starting material will come from BOM BOS transfer

Legal compostion which will come from running expert rule based on standard composition.

Can any explain briefly on which compositions which was came from standard property tree.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

satya11719
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Thanks for info, i gone through this before.

My question is by which functionalities we can fill this composition automatically

Example : thorough BOM BOS activity we can fill Composition based on starting material

By SAP EH&S Expert rules we can fill composition based on products

like this we have to strict with only one type of compositions based on functionalities ????

Mark-Pfister
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have the SAP EHS Regulatory Content (SERC) documentation - it contains an Excel file which lists in detail which properties are read and written by what rule set.
There you could filter on all properties that have a composition and you would have the result you wanted.

Kind Regards

Mark

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

regarding your topic: no "easy" answer is possible. The "easiest" one could be:

a.) if you buy content (rule sets, WWI templates, etc.) you will get some "explanations "how" the compositions are used (in rule set, WWi layout etc.) (refer to answer of Mark)

b.) if you do not buy contetn you stick with the "F1" help and can use SAP system how you would like to use it, There is nobody (from SAP or other companies) who "forces" you to use the "Standard composition" as like the "best practise" used by using the "content".

Therefore: the most important; most critical questions which need to be clarified first if you get in touch with a SAP customer is: how they would like to use the SAP standard; we can really differentiate two type of customers.THose whcih use "content" and those which do not use or don't want to use content

Document

tries to discuss (and tries to kink to threads with similar discussion etc.) this very important question

C.:B

PS: small hint: iof company decides at start not to use content but later thios wish might come up the STANDARD tree should not be changed /classes, characteristics etc.)

Many consultants still assume that i EHS classic is installed you will get a "full set of phrase, WWI templates etc. BUt this is not rue; you will get the "default customizing" (e.g. STANDARD tree);

Check this link: Recommand std EHS substance structure, properti... | SCN; you will find sime discussion here.

satya11719
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi CB,

Can you describe the uses of different types of compositions maintained in node composition.

Thanks

Satya

Ralph_P
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

There is a help text behind each composition. Pressing the F1-key will give you the explanations whcih are quite helpful.

Ralph

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

this is nearly not possible. I would assume that you use a different "STANDARD" tree (may be having more VATs etc.) (roughly at least once per year a change is happening in "STANDARD" tree); but in any case: As mentioned by Ralph: SAP tries to help the users by providing the "F1" help. info. But clearly this is not sufficient. E.g. if you buy "content" my assumption is that you will get a kind of "handbook" in which you will find explanations: which property of STANDARD tree is used in WWI template and for which part of the document (and hjow to maintain etc.).

Therefore: we get a "Standard data model" form SAP. It is your decision how to use it etc.

C.B.

Mark-Pfister
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Satyanarayana

Maybe this document can help.

Kind Regards

Mark

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

I do not 100% understand your question. According to my knowledge

part of "STANDARD" tree is: anything you showed in the picture. To make it "simpler": If you analyze simply the tree (in customizing) and this is true: If the VAT looks like "SAP*" then this value assignment type is delivered using SAP standard

Anything like "Z*", "Y*" or whatsoever is added by some consultant (becuase of some good reasons:0

Hopefully this is the answer you are looking for

C.B.