cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying locate Crystal Reports redistributable compatible with Visual Studio 2013 application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings,

I have developed a C# application in Visual Studio 2013 that renders pdf reports using SAP's Crystal Reports run time engine for .Net Framework (64 bit) version 13.0.15.1840.  The application will be run locally off a client's machine and I'm trying to determine which version of the Crystal Reports redistributable, assuming there is one, that I need to install on his machine so he will be able to successfully generate the reports.  Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since you've use SP15 in your code, go here:  http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-7824

In the table with the download links, you'll want to look at the "Support Pack 15" line.  There are several options for 64-bit runtimes.  In general, I've seen that the "MSI 64 Bit" version works the best in your situation.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dell,

Just to follow up, after installing the MSI 64 Bit runtime distribution file, the libraries needed by the C# application to render the reports in pdf format do not exist on the client's machine.  The client is building the reports on his machine by invoking an executable that I depoyed to a common folder on the network.  The Crystal libraries my .Net project is referencing need to be installed on the client's machine and they aren't there.

I believe I need to install both Visual Studio 2013 and the Visual Studio 64 bit runtime for Crystal Reports on the client's machine.  I tried installing the run-time without Visual Studio and it's no possible because VS is not installed.  This wasn't the case for the Visual Studio Crystal Report runtime for Visual Studio 2008.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ashley, I wonder if there is a bit of a confusion here re. the CR Designers.

When you use VS 2013 and download the CR executable to install "SAP Crystal Reports, Developer Version for Visual Studio .NET" installs the designer into the VS IDE. Thus if you want your users to design reports with this, then yes you will have to install VS. A rather expensive proposition...

A beter solution is for the users to obtain the SAP Crystal Reports 2013 Designer. A 30 day eval is available from here:

SME Free Trials | SME Software | SAP

The user can create reports and use them in a VS .NET app, where you the developer ensure that this can be done via the CR APIs (LoadReport). Once the eval expires, the users will have to obtain a license, but it will be much, much cheaper than a version of VS.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Use the SAP Idea Place

Answers (0)