cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC tasks not registered in SQL 2014

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have problem with packages. It is regarding the BPC tasks that you need to register in Visual Studio so you can develop your custom packages.

We are running SQL server 2014 and are trying to register them in Visual Studio 2013 on the web server but it is not working.

I’m not able to register those packages inside visual studio (sql server data tools for sql server 2014). Normally you would copy task dlls in specific directory (program files\sql server\dts\tasks…), but this doesn’t work. You cannot even do this: click on Choose items in toolbox and select the task dll (bpclogictask2014.dll), it would say that dll doesn’t contain any valid ssis task. All paths/names I’ve written from top of my head and are probably not correct, but you get the idea. Any help with that? When we tested bpc10 with sql 2012, it was ok (bpclogictask2012.dll if I remember it correctly).

We have followed the instructions in the SAP note 2122201 (Support for SQL Server
2014 (DM Package) concerning the manipulation of SQL 2014)

I've done this many times before, even for BPC10 against SQL2012, without any issues.

Is there anyone that has had the same issue and have a solution on this?

Best regards
Radim

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JohnL
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Radim,

All you need to do is copy the dll's to the right folder. If I recall you do not need to manually add them to the toolbox. They get manually added.

See https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff929137(v=sql.120).aspx

Thanks,

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member219713
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Was there a consistent solution to this? We are running into the same issues attempting to register the 2016 tasks per the instructions and cannot see these customs tasks in VS2017.

Thank you,

Hitesh

former_member337235
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I have had the same issue with VS2017, did you find an answer?

fketterer
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I had the same issue for SQL 2016 and VS2017. My issue at the end was, that in VS2017 the SSIS projects are per default set as "SQL 2019" and then the tasks are not recognized, you need to switch this in your project definition to SQL 2016.

Of course you need to do all the copying of the dlls into the right folder of your SQL version.

My issue is now, that the automated upgrade with the upgrademapping.xml is not working as I intend (upgrade from SQL 2012 to SQL 2016).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for suggestions - I was aware of proper process before, however it didn't originally work. But after couple restarts, deleting and copying dlls I can finally see tasks in toolbox. I will blame it on me and hope that this never occurs again.

0 Kudos

Hello Radim,

Can you please take a look at SAP Note : "2122201 - Support for SQL Server 2014 (DM Package)  concerning the manipulation of SQL 2014" and see if it helps!

Best Regards,

Dorra.