cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling BRF+ Catalog in Display Mode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I Created my first BRF+ Application and manage to call even the Catalog.  Now I want to open it in Display Mode.

I would expect that it could be achieved as follows but that is NOT the case

l_cat_maint_mode = if_fdt_wd_constants=>gc_catalog_mmode_no_maint.

l_enable_structure_change = abap_false.

io_ui_execution->execute_catalog_browser(

EXPORTING

iv_id                      = <catalog_id>    " ID

*      iv_timestamp               =     " Timestamp

iv_maintenance_mode        = l_cat_maint_mode    " Catalog Maintenance Mode

*      iv_enable_structure_change = ABAP_TRUE    " True: Enables Structure Change

iv_enable_structure_change = l_enable_structure_change

).

Any suggestions?  Where would I find the documentation on those IF's, Classes, Methods, Parameters => so short the API.

Dont see much documentation in the objects itself.

So far seems to me a very nice framework.

Dirk

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

At SAP they were not able to recreate the issue.

My colleagues her neither and moreover, after one time a colleague tried it with his user ID on my machine (he didn't have the problem then either) I'm myself no longer able to recreate the issue ?!?

So will close this and OSS-Incident and the root cause remains a mystery for now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well closed the OSS-Incident (don't see how I can reopen it as suggested by Shilpa, think he can but NOT I).

Got the problem again.  Will for now pursue any further because minor for myself

christianlechne
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

I opened an OSS as this problem is annoying and I do not want to come into a situation where I promise a client that custom transactions are possible (as they have been in the past) but are currently broken 🙂

I got the impression that the execution environment completely ignores the setting.

OSS is: 127314 / 2016

I will update this thread once a solution is available

BR

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

christianlechne
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A long time ago in support tool not too far away I opened an OSS ...

And now I got an answer: As expected the described situation was a bug and it is resolved with note 2322319

Cheers

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Will just not yet close this because can't find the note with that number yet in Market Place.  Maybe not yet released.

christianlechne
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Released and available:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks very much for your cooperation, will however not have time for quite a while before trying it out (going to admire Slartibartfasts work before then).

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christianlechne
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

I just tried your code in a NW 740 SP11 system (as imho it should work), but it does not.

I also tried to get it going using a custom UI mode class and start the workbench with this configuration - again no success and this configuration definitly worked in a NW731 system

So I would recommend to open an OSS as this seems to be a bug (globally as even entering a manual configuration does not do the trick)

BR

Christian

P.S. There is unfortunatly nor real documentation how to use those features. Some glimpse into the topic is given here:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Christian,

Thanks for the quick reply and try-out.

As you suggested I opened OSS ticket 62959 / 2016

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/message/E/012002523100000629592016

Dirk

PS: for me personal I opened this as LOW because we are not yet productively using BRF+ (doing POC's) but can imagine this could be much more severe for others.