Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing BW Export Data Sources in Data Services ODP list

dmitri_marinin
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We encountered a problem with using of BW Export Data Sources in Data Services. We generated export datasource based on infoprovider, then added it to ROOSATTR table (Releasing Extractors for use by the ODP API - Enterprise Information Management - SCN Wiki). Now when we search available ODP objects in Data Services we can see only our Z* extractors (exposed in RODPS_OS_EXPOSE). Our PI_BASIS component version is 7.40 SP13. We checked the same scenario in BW system with PI_BASIS 7.30 SP09 and everything worked fine. We traced RFC calls and found the reason of this difference: class CL_RODPS_DATASOURCE_MODEL method GET_EXPOSED. 7.40 version of these method contains the next logic after selection of exposed datasources:

* ==== Delete export DataSources (again)

DATA: l_objnm      TYPE sbiwb_char30,

l_namespace  TYPE sbiwb_namespace,

l_name       TYPE sbiwb_char30.

LOOP AT ret_exposed INTO ls_exposed.

IF ls_exposed(1) EQ '8'.

DELETE ret_exposed.

ELSEIF ls_exposed(1) EQ '/'.

l_objnm = ls_exposed.

CALL FUNCTION 'RST3_NSPACE_GET_FROM_OBJECT'

EXPORTING

i_objnm      = l_objnm

i_objtp      = sbiwb_c_objtype-ds

IMPORTING

e_namespace  = l_namespace

e_purename   = l_name

EXCEPTIONS

name_error   = 1

object_error = 2

OTHERS       = 3.

IF sy-subrc EQ 0.

IF l_name(1) EQ '8'.

DELETE ret_exposed.

ENDIF.

ENDIF.

ENDIF.

ENDLOOP.

So for some reason Export Data Sources are deleted from ret_exposed table. What is the reason of this operation? How we can use ODP Export Datasources in BW 7.4? Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Dmirty.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dmitri_marinin
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

So this's not a bug this a feature. You can't expose export datasources anymore using RODPS_OS_EXPOSE, unless you comment this part of code. According to SAP support you should:

1.Create ODP source system (BW context) Creating an ODP Source System - Modeling - SAP Library

2.Then create ODP datasource Creating DataSources for ODP Source Systems - Modeling - SAP Library

3.Expose it using RODPS_OS_EXPOSE

4.Import it in Data Services

Regards,

Dmirty.

0 Kudos

Hi Dmitry,
I have tried to follow the links you have suggested and I am getting a little confused.

I am trying to expose an aDSO as data source so I can extract data into Data Services and load to a 3rd party database.

According to your links, in step 1, I should make a new ODP (BW context) source system in my BW system. Is that right? This seems wrong to me as the source system in BW is what is used to define what is loaded into BW, right?

Secondly, in step 4 where we import the datasource into Data Services, I also have some trouble.

In Data Services, if I define my BW system as a Source BW system datastore, I am unable to see any data sources - I only see tables, idocs, functions and openhub tables. However, if add the system as as SAP application datastore, then I am see & import some ODP datasources. However, the only datasources that I can import from here are generic BW extractors that I have to create manually via RSO2.

I can't see anyway to simply expose an aDSO as an ODP datasource for Data Services to consume.

Were you able to get this working, or do you have a different scenario to me?

Regards,
Tom

dmitri_marinin
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

According to your links, in step 1, I should make a new ODP (BW context) source system in my BW system. Is that right?

Yes it is right.

This seems wrong to me as the source system in BW is what is used to define what is loaded into BW, right?

Please check this link http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/90106875-fb61-2e10-1f99-fbbfb0de3...

In the SAP BW Administrator Workbench (RSA1), in the SOURCE SYSTEM, right click on BI folder to create a new Source System Context Menu

There are 2 BW systems in the article scenario. In our scenario we used BW as a source system, 3rd party sytem as a target system and Data Services for integration. We created ODP data sources in our BW system, exposed them using RODPS_OS_EXPOSE and than consumed them in Data Services. I don't remember what type of datastore for BW system we used in Data Services. If you don't recieve any ODP data sources you cant try to put breakpoint in class CL_RODPS_DATASOURCE_MODEL method GET_EXPOSED in your source system. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Dmitry.

Answers (0)