cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to change Context value

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am unable to change the value of a dimension in my Input Schedule.

Firstly the Pane on the right of the screen shows the dimensions and where they are in the Rows / Columns / Page Axis etc. When I select the dimension in question  and change the value the report ignores the new value.

I also noticed that the user context menu at the top appears to be diminished - can't get a list of the various dimensions.

Is it possible that the Dimension member value has been fixed in the Input Schedule?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

chuan_ding
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi

- Have you checked EPM logs(EPM tab - More - Log)? any error was logged?

- Does the problem only happen on one machine?

Best regards,

Chuan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Reynolds,

Yes,it is possible that Dimension member value can be fix in the Input Schedule.

Goto--EPM Tab(Options-Contex opt)--contex lock then select Dimension & lock with proper value.

For Context bar in top In options(User opt)--Display---Enable check box i.e Display context bar & EPM Pane.

May be helpful !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

The context shows no locked dimensions - see screen shot below

The Report header however also lacks the Dimension selection view although I can see the context Right hand pane.

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And what do you have on this tab:

Also - do you have any VBA code in your input schedule?

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Screen shot of Favourites tab below.

Also not an expert on this VBA thing but can't see anything under the Developer tab...

Former Member
0 Kudos

To display normal context bar,,..

1)If u want favorite context bar then Make sure your selection in Favorites icon shown avove.

2)If u don't require favorite context then Delete your context favorites in Context options.

former_member190109
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Reynolds,

After Changing the value try to refresh the Sheet, so that it may reflect in the Input Schedule.

Even though if the report is ignoring the Value please come up with more explanation about report  like screen shots.

You said that user Context Menu is diminished, Dimensions may be hidden or locked please check by going to Options -> Context Options.

Disable check box of Hide if any dimension is hidden to see in the context menu,

Disable Check box of Lock if you can not able to select members from Context menu,

Hope this helps you to resolve the problem, Thank you

Regards,

Durga Prasad Goka

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"Is it possible that the Dimension member value has been fixed in the Input Schedule?" - yes, it's possible. But you have to provide screenshots to understand the issue.

Vadim