cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Taxable and Non Taxable Wage Types Split

0 Kudos

Hi Guys, good morning to everyone, I will appreciate if you can help with the following issue I currently have:

My client wants to split some Wage Types in the system, the situation is as follows:

As Is:

WT´s Paid:

/4xx   - Bonus Exempt    --   $1,000.00

20xx  - Bonus Paid         --   $9,000.00

To Be:

/4xx   - Bonus Exempt    --  $1,000.00

20xx  - Bonus Paid         --  $9,000.00

80xx  - Bonus Paid Tax  --   $8,000.00

So, in this case, I have to create a new WT, and that WT should reflects the difference between the WT Tax Exempt and the  WT Paid, so, could you tell me what should I do?, is it possible to create a rule for this?, I will appreciate so much your precious help on this.

Best Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If 80xx is to be an Information WT, you would need a pcr to read WT 20xx after it is first processed and transfer it's amount into a temporary variable (using Operation ADDWT& xxxx), and a second to process WT /4XX after it is created and to add to it's value the value of the temporary variable before creating the Information WT.

0 Kudos

Hi Rémi, I´m sorry for my delay, I was sick and until today I have checked the mail that you kindly sent me regarding this.

Could you please explain in more detail about the PCR?

and If I have a retro?, for example with the bonus payment, what should I do in this case to reflect that on it?

I will appreciatte so much your help in this.

Have a good night.

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For what Country do you do the configuration?

Through what Infotypes are entered the information of the "Bonus Paid" and the "Bonus Exemption"?

For one employee with a "Bonus Paid" and a Bonus Exemption", do a Payroll Simulation with the "Display log" box checked, and drill down into the log to find where WTs /4xx and 80xx are created, and try to identify if both these WTs exist in the Input Table at the same point of the processing.

If you don't know much about schemas and PCRs, study the ones that currently exist in your schema (either through the payroll log or through pe01/pe02/pe04.

0 Kudos

Hi Rémi, good morning, thanks a lot for your soon response:

The Country for which I´m doing this is Mexico, and the Infotypes are: 0014, 0015, 2002, for example.

I don´t know too much about rules and schemas either, do you a webpage from which I can learn more about them, or do some kind of exercises?

Thanks and have a good day.

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the "Bonus exemption" is entered through IT0014 or IT0015 and generates a technical WT in the /4xx range, than you should start by looking at the current configuration.

As I mentioned before, for one employee with a "Bonus Paid" and a Bonus Exemption", do a Payroll Simulation with the "Display log" box checked, and drill down into the log to find where WTs /4xx and 80xx are created, and try to identify if both these WTs exist in the Input Table at the same point of the processing.

If you look at this screen capture of a payroll log, you wil notice that I have selected folders one by one in order to drill down into the log until I could see Functions P0014 and P0015, and a double-clic on a function or on the pcr associated with it would enable me to see the Inputs, the processing and the Output.  That is most likely where WT 20xx first gets processed.

For data comming from IT2002, then you would have to search in the sub-schema for Time Processing (ZT00 in this example), which should be placed before the processing of Other Payments and Deductions (ZAP0 in this example).

As for WT /4xx, it could be created at the end of the sub-schema for processing factoring Time Data and Gross (ZAL0 in this example), at the end of the sub-schema for processing Deductions and calculating Gross (ZDDO in this example), or in the Tax Calculation sub-schema (ZTX0 in this example).

0 Kudos

Hi Rémi, good night, thanks a lot for you helpful response:

In fact I have problems with rules and schemas, can you help to read the rule that I have attached in this msg?

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rodrigo,

Rule ZEXF seems to have been created to process only WTs 1840 and 1845, and these WTs will be processes regardless of what ESG they have in the Input Table (if the pcr is called by Function PIT) or in the Results Table (if the pcr is called by Function PRT).  Both WTs have very similar processing, so I will explain only processing of WT 1840.

The first Operation is PRINT&LIEI and that would enable you to be able to see the value of the Temporary Variable LIEI in the Payroll Log, but it does not modify the WT being processed.

The second Operation is AMT?& LIEI and that will compare the Amount of WT 1840 (from the Input Table) to the Amount of the Temporary Variable.

If the return value is Greater Than (>), then it will replace the Amount of WT 1840 by the Amount of the Temporary Variable, and the resulting Rate, Number and Amount will be used to create WT 9E50 in the Results Table, to create WT 9G50 with negative values in the Results Table, and to substract it's values from the values of the Temporary Variable LIEL.

If the return value is "Other" (*), then the Rate, Number and Amount of WT 1840 will be used to create WT 9E50 in the Results Table, to create WT 9G50 with negative values in the Results Table, and to substract it's values from the values of the Temporary Variable LIEL.

Note that in both cases, WT 1840 will "disappear" from the Input Table.

If you do a Payroll Simulation for one employee, with the "Display log" box checked, drill down into your log until you find pcr ZEXF, and double-clic on it, you should be able to see the Input Table (with WTs 1840 and 1845), the processing (including the value of the Temporary Variable LIEL), and note the differences in the output.  If after pcr ZEXF you add Function PRINT with Par2 = Var, you would be able to also see the value of the temporary variables after the processing.

0 Kudos

Hi Rémi, good night, thank you so much for your detailed and complete explanation, I will try to do this on the system and see if it´s working as I need.

Have a good night and Thanks a lot again.

Answers (0)