cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

asset useful life change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Our client requirement is , they want to change the all Assets useful life, so the changes should effect from Jan-2016 (their calendar year is jan-dec).

In their system closed asset year is 2014(OAAQ).

So, if we change the useful life now in 2016-jan, even though depreciation posted till 2015-december, as I know once we change useful life, system recalculates depreciation and the changes will effect in 2015 December as planned depreciation(due to asset fiscal year is open 2015).

I guess only solution is , we need to close 2015 Asset fiscal year to effect the changes from 2016-jan. (with out effect the new depreciation in 2015).

Kindly share your thoughts..

Thanks in advance..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes Easwar, you are right

Any change in Depreciation Terms (Useful life, Dep Key) will impact all open Fiscal Years in Asset Accountnig

So you must Close FY 2015 in AA first and then make this change

However, if you have activated EA-FIN and your System is on EhP4, you can maintain Time Dependent Dep terms, which means it will be changed Starting Jan 1 2016

See below..

1) Double Click on Dep Areas

2. Click as below

3. Now click on Add Intervals.

Starting 01/01/.2016, maintain a new useful life.. This wont impact 2015 now..

But if you dont have EA-FIN active, you must close FY 2015 first and then change Useful life

Regards

Ajay M

PS: You can contribute to a better SCN. Request you to make a point to close your threads once your issue is resolved.. You can mark the relevant answer as CORRECT ANSWER, etc which will help others to know the solution in future.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ajay,

I forgot to mention that EA-FIN is not activated in our client's case.

So, as you also said only closing 2015 Asset F.Y works.

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience..

Answers (0)