cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to kill a session in Crystal Server 2013 SP1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Concurrent users are being shown as logged in multiple times and their sessions are not being cleared even when they are not using the Business Objects Applications. As a result concurrent user licenses are getting used up very quickly causing other concurrent users facing login Issues due to unavailability of concurrent user licenses.

I know, there are manually process to kill the session. But I need to know how to kill the session itself after closed browser. Crystal Reports are accessing through the launchpad and there are no logoff sign. We need to close the browser.

Do I need to write custom SDK code to handle the session close? If so, then could you please advice what custom code I can write.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the users are viewing through BI Launchpad, there should be a Log Off link at the top right of the screen.

Or are your users viewing through custom code?

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for reply.

Users having access through the cold fusion interface launchpad, not through the BI Launchpad. I know, BI Launchpad does have logoff sign. Once the Crystal Report open through CF launchpad, then system generate session in the CMC. But there is no any logoff sign. We need to close the browser.

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So, does your CF app instantiate the session or are your users given a log in screen when they open the report?

I'm not really familiar with CF, but does it have something like a "FormClosing" event handler where you could put logoff code?

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, CF does not instantiate the session. CR access through the CF interface and session generate in the Crystal Server CMC.