Same Material With Different Specification

former_member227810
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Same Material with Different Specifications,

Ex: AC    -  General A/C White color

AC    -  General A/C Red color

Is it possible while creating PO With Material AC, System should pop up specification Color so that i can select the color

I tried using material classification but i can give only one color to material AC under classification,

Please let me know how can i achieve this,

Thanks in Advance

Thanks,

Ahmed

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Class type 001 is used to classify materials, e.g. instead to use fields that are not in SAP standard. you can search materials by their classification.

This classification of class type 001 is not used in purchase orders.

For your goal your material has to be configurable, you need classification of class type 300 variant configuration in your material master.

If you get a pop-up I can't tell as we are not using this for raw materials.

The process is described in Example: Configurable Materials in Purchasing - Purchasing (MM-PUR) - SAP Library

former_member183349
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Mr. Jurgen Sir,

Thanks and very sound reply.

I read your replied to sadeq ahmed its quite interesting and good idea.

Class Type 300 used for variant configuration and 001 is used for materials - As per your suggestion we can follow 300 Class Type bcoz it can be used in purchase documents.

I have a doubt in : Example: Configurable Materials in Purchasing - Purchasing (MM-PUR) - SAP Library

During Material Creation : Is it mandatory to select a tick mark in 'Batch Management' indicator

box.  If it's mandatory how it is applicable since without using batch option for classify materials.

Kindly give me a suggestion on this.

Regards,

Vivek

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you need to distinguish materials with different  characteristics in your stock then you can only do it if they are batch managed in SAP

former_member183349
Active Participant
0 Kudos

thank you Mr.Jurgen Sir.

Regards,

Vivek

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member227810
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks All of you for your valuable Inputs,

Thanks a lot,

Sadeq Ahmed

jagdeepsingh83
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would recommend you to use split valuation or configurable material option to achieve it. I am more lean towards split valuation.

0 Kudos

Hello Sadeq,

The only way to acheive your requirement using standard SAP is to create your material 'AC' as a Configurable material. For this material you have to create Characteristics with two Values

1. General A/C White color

2. General A/C Red color

You need to make sure that the Characteristic you have created is created in a Class with Class Type "300".

Also remember to maintain the Configuration Profile for the Material Master.

Once done, you should get a POP Up Message asking you to enter the specification Colour when creating the Purchase order.

You may please refer to the Link Juergen has provided in his reply to know more on the Configurable Materials setup...

former_member183349
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sadeq,

After completed the steps in CT04.  You have to set in OMS2 - Click on Material Type - Double click

ROH/FERT - See the below tab field : Classification : here you have to assign

Class: xxxxxx

Class Type: Ex: 001 - Materials

Remember:

1. You have to give in ct04 -  Select Restrictions tab - Class type 001 and description

2. Steps to carried out : Create Characteristics: CT04, Create Class: CL02, Assign it in the Material Type: OMS2 - Fill up the Classification details.

Regards,

Vivek

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you miss to select the Multiple Values for your characteristics in CT04:

former_member227810
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Dibyendu,

Can you please let me know how to get a pop up while creating PO to select proper Specification,

How can i get a POP UP

Thanks,

Sadeq

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Why you cannot go for split valuation for Same Material of General A/C White color and General A/C Red color with valuation types ZAWC and ZARC respectively.

During PO creation - you can enter your needed valuation type with same material number!

Regards,

Biju K