Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC Consolidation Data Load with Flow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Please clarify on the below points;

On data load from ECC to BW - Asset Accounting Accounts will have movement types that can be converted to BPC Flows. For other accounts how to we upload with correct flow like F20 or F30 in case of increase or decrease.

In case of new acquisition we need to use F01 flow, for leaving company F98 has to be used. How we map the flow from the ECC data ?

Anyone can explain how it handled in the consolidation projects.

Thanks for the time.

Regards,

Raja

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

we use the following approach. Where the source system provides flow information we map that to BPC. So for example the asset accounts are loaded correctly. Where the source system does not provide flow information we load to a specific element in BPC. For certain accounts we then ask the users to adjust this, so for example for payables we would load to the standard flow and then ask users to adjust according to the aging of payables.

BR,

Arnold

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Arnold,

Thanks for the reply. What you mean by "specific element in BPC". Lets take one example.

Investment Account value is increased by 10000 EUR.

Account SIGNEDATA CURR   FLOW AUDIT      INTERCO

INVST     10000          EUR     F20     INPUT     I_ABC

How do we handle this case ? Any Idea ?

Thanks

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

by using a transformation and a conversion file you can either define one BPC flow for all accounts that come from your source without flow information . Or you could define a flow per account. You could even make it dependable on the sign of the amount. So something like

for account INVST if amount is <0 use flow F30 else use flow F20.

To do this you need to concatenate the amount and the account in your transformation file, I would typically add a "filler sign" in between. So in your example you would end up with 10000qINVST where q would be my filler sign.

In your conversion file you would then determine the flow as if(vb:left("%external%",1)=- Then F30; ELSE F20).

BR,
Arnold

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Arnold,

Thanks for your reply. Could you please provide screenshot of transformation and conversion file for the above case. It would help me to understand clearly.

Thank you so much.

Regards,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

this example uses a | instead of a q and the transformation is done for accounts, but the principle is the same.

transformation file

conversion file

this is only an extract of the conversion file and since the FORMULA column is empty it is not shown.

BR,

Arnold