Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report Symbol query

MariaWilson
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to determine whether we have a Report Symbol already created but it's one of those that isn't that glaringly obvious (not to me anyway).

I'm looking to create an output on a GHS Stock label and because the phrase required is only to output for a specific SKU, we opted to have the data to be populated in the Sales Text within the Material Master. The site wants the information to appear on the label as opposed to any Sales Document etc.

I'm having difficulty establishing what the Report Symbol would called for the Sales Text. This would at least help me check in SPRO if we had indeed created one and if not, get it expedited as soon as possible. I have checked on the internet and within SAP and cannot find anything about it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks.

Maria

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Mark-Pfister
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Maria,

The parameter symbol EHS_MATNAM prints the Material Short Text (MAKTX) on your MSDS
(or the customer specific material name entered on the delivery for a certain material during automated report shipment).

If you would create an MSDS without Material Information the system would fill EHS_MATNAM with the NAM-PROD Identifier from the substance.

I would think the symbol should work this way on labels as well.

SAP Helps provides some example here:

Default Parameter Value Determination - Basic Data and Tools (EHS-BD) - SAP Library

Kind Regards

Mark

Check: http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1784002

MariaWilson
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Thank you so much for your reply. This relates to the free text in Sales Text tab in the Material Master and not for an output to the short code.

Please see above screenshot on the tab from the material master. I am looking to populate data added to this tab and require the Report Symbol name for this.

Many thanks.

Maria

Mark-Pfister
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Maria,

There is no standard symbol for material sales text - only for the short text.

You would need to create a custom symbol for material sales text (or change the maintenance from sales to short text).
The link I provided should give you an idea how to set it up and a developer should be able to figure out the details on how to implement it.

Another - easier option to implement - is a custom symbol method (a simple ABAP Function module) together with the standard symbol for material number(EHS_MATNR).

See here for details: Function Module - Basic Data and Tools (EHS-BD) - SAP Library

Hope this helps

Mark

MariaWilson
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your reply.

I already know I need to create a custom report symbol for the Material Sales Text. I need to know  what the Material Sales Text Report Symbol is called.

I do not want to change the maintenance from sales to short text at all.

The Material Number is not what I want.

Do you know what the Material Sales Text Report Symbol is called?

Thanks a lot.

Maria

Mark-Pfister
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Maria,

There is no Material Sales Text Report Symbol delivered in the SAP Standard.

Therefore no one will be able to tell you the name / what it is called.
You can give it any name you like / call it what ever you like (I would suggest starting with a 'Z') - if you want to create a custom symbol.

Please keep in mind:
The easiest way to solve your requirement is to create a symbol method that determines - based on the material number - the material sales text. Therefore you 'attach' that symbol method the the symbol for material number (EHS_MATNR).

Hope this makes things a bit clearer

Mark

P.s.: Just to make sure we are on the same page here:

You want to print data that you entered in the material sales text for a certain MATNR on a a GHS Label / WWI Template.