cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enabling delta functionality using classification datasource

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi People,

I have a scenario where Classification Datasource is used and since being full load its taking more than 8 hours to extract and we need to convert it

to delta load. Could someone please help out with following doubts:

1. Is classification datasource only used for extending Master data, as the basis datasource used here is 2LIS_13_VAITM?

2. Does this type of datasource support delta?

Please let me know in case more inputs required.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aniket,

Based on how the classification datasource is configured, it should have the ability to inherit the delta property of the base datasource. In this case since 2LIS_13_VAITM is delta capable, your generated classification datasource should also be.

I worked on this 10 years ago so my knowledge is admittedly rusty, but in general to answer your questions:

1 - It can be linked to transaction data as well (for example variants of an item in different sales order wouldn't link to the product/material as master data, but would be linked to the sales order document). Depends on what information from classification you are pulling.

2 - As mentioned above, delta should be feasible in your case.

Cheers,

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You might have to experiment a bit with the configuration. Please also refer to the following documentation:

Best regards,

Sander