cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to schedule a DM package with restrictions (e. g. not on sundays)?

0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have scheduled a data manager package via the excel interface to run every 15 minutes. Now I would like to add a restriction, e. g. run only on work days or to skip the hours from 2 - 6 am.

Any hints on how I am able to achieve this? Thanks a lot in advance!

Best regards, Titus.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

damovand
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

You might be able to manipulate the scheduling directly from BW side using SM37.  However, I have not tested this myself so I am not sure how much flexibility you can get. 

You can try by opening the calendar and marking the days.  However, you probably will not be able to change the times. 

Best Regards,

Leila

0 Kudos

Hello Leila, I have added a restriction on the SAP Job via SM37, not to run on sundays and holidays. We will see how that works next week. Thanks a lot!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Titus,

Do you think it's a good idea to run some package every 15 minutes? What is the purpose of this package?

Vadim

0 Kudos

Hello Vadim, I don't think its a good idea. We use BPC for planning scenarios that we need updated in the ERP System, basically online. I would have preferred a different design, for instance triggered by event. However, our consultants did not have an alternative to the current design.

Thanks for your response.

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You may have conflicts with other packages and with user input...

Vadim