cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITS Mobile Editor: not able to open XML template

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

For our project we are using ITS Mobile to be able to use LM transaction from scanning device.

I have generated an "Template for Template" of Program SAPLLMOB screen 2600. However when I'm trying to open it for editing in the ITS Mobile editor, it keep loading without editing.

Have you ever get this issue? Any idea of what is going wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
Thomas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please tell us your SAP GUI and Kernel version.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm using SAP Logon 740 patch 7 and SAP kernel 721_EXT_REL.

kr

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please publish all the standard templates once before executing. To do so you can execute: SIAC_PUBLISH_ALL_INT.

Also, when you right click on this template, does it allow you to publish this template?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I already executed SIAC_PUBLISH_ALL_INT but I did it again now. (all is green after execution by the way)

I can generate HTMP Template from the XML template and publish it. However I cannot open the screen of the editor, it keeps loading.

kr

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay. Well, as per my knowledge, 'Editor-Templates' are used for launching the ITS Visual Editor.

Please see wiki: ITSmobile Visual Editor - Wiki - SCN Wiki

Do you have any documentation that states the use of XML templates?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I have followed this wiki.

However, when I generate a Template for Template, it generate me XML Templates and not Editor-Template. But I don't think this is the problem since I did it for a couple of other screens and it works.

But for that one it doesn't work at all...

kr

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh, is it happening to ONLY standard SAP screen templates?

Also, since other screens are working, i think this may be a minor glitch. Try deleting and recreating the template and test.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I cannot say that since for some screens it works (For example SAPLLMOB 2100) but for others it doesn't. (Like the one in my initial example, SAPLLMOB 2600).

kr

Thomas

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

what is the SAP_BASIS version you are using with the 721 EXT Kernel where you are editing the ITSMobile templates? Will also need the exact Kernel patch.

Could be a bug here.

Search for notes with the term: "ITSmobile" and "Visual" and "Editor"

See for example note:

1818662 - ITSmobile Visual Editor: Improvements and corrections

Notes will either be in the component:

BC-FES-ITS

or

BC-DWB-TOO-WAB

Regards,

Oisin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please let me know if you tried recreating the template and publishing it. Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,  I can still publish them and use them. But since I have no possibility to modify them in the visual editor, this is not very usefull.

kr

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oisin,

Here is my version of SAP_BASIS SAPKB73107

I have checked notes but again my problem is that for some screen it works fine, for others not.

I have raise a message to SAP Support.

kr

Thomas     

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I think for this scenario a SAP_BASIS upgrade would be ideal

You will need to open an Incident with the BC-DWB-TOO-WAB to confirm but first look at the following notes as an example of notes that have SNOTE corrections for the ITSmobile Visual Editor

1873703  Improvements for the initialization of the graphical editor

2176355  ITSmobile Visual Editor: Switching templates during start results in error

this is just a small sample of note corrections since SAPKB73107

Regards, Oisin