Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EPM Add In : Error launching office client, invalid number of arguments

SEdelstein
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I have been encountering the error message : "Error launching office client, invalid number of arguments" appears when attempting to launch EPM Add In (SP13 P5) from the BPC NW (SP09) web interface and when directly attempting to log on to EPM from within Excel.   Has anyone seen this error message and/or have some guidance on how to correct?

Applied the recomendations of SAP Note 2267120, but no success.

Currently attempting to uninstall EPM, run repair on the MS Office install, then re-install EPM...

Regards,

Sheldon

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shrikant_Jadhav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sheldon,

Delete temp file and the "PC_NW" folder form document.

Shrikant

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have this issue for a bunch of users, I have tried reinstalled EPM running repair on office, I have also removed both EPM client and office then reinstalled both but I still seem to be getting this error.

I have tried deleting the temp files as well.

Any other ideas on what I can try?

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One good idea: to provide details about office and EPM SP...

SEdelstein
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Issue was resolved with a re-installation of the original EPM Add In support pack.  Thanks to every one for providing much appreciated helpful feedback!

- Sheldon

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sheldon,

But what is the idea behind launching EPM Add In (SP13 P5)? SP24 is better

Vadim

SEdelstein
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim -

Thank you for your prompt comments!

Of course the newer SPs are "better".- better performance, better stability, better capability, etc......but the reality is that many customers have restrictions on what and when they can upgrade.  This customer will be moving to EPM SP 22 P3 soon (already been through first round testing), but in the meantime is stuck at SP13 .   Need to keep what they have working for now...   Besides, my guess is that this error message is not necessarily an EPM SP13 failure since only one laptop installtion is affected with this issue.

Any suggestions other than upgrade?

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But you have to always test the latest EPM SP installation (it's easy to install and uninstall different SP's). If the issue will be reproduced on latest then we can continue...

Vadim

SEdelstein
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim -

Complications at this client preclude testing with a newer EPM SP.  I am looking for any guidence other than an immediate EPM Add In upgrade....  Please keep in mind that this error appears in only one laptop install, all other laptops appear to work correctly wih the current EPM SP.

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then you have to present all the differences between this particular laptop and other...

But if you are able to reinstall EPM SP13 then I see no issues to install the new one for testing! It's not like core BPC upgrade!

Vadim