Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WEBI Time Zone conversion.

niels_goosman
Discoverer
0 Kudos

HI

I have tried to find a solution where I can display date and time in the correct time zone in a webi report.

The Data is always stored in GMT but I would like to display the Data in the correct Time Zone e.g. CET.

Raw Data in DB (GMT): 26-01-2016 15:21:11          ->          Displayed as(CET) 26-01-2016 16:21:11

Does anyone have a good idea how to do it in WEBI or to do it in IDT.

BR Niels Goosmann, Danfoss Drives A/S

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member211423
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Niel,

Have you tried using relative date.

=RelativeDate(CurrentDate();(difference between CET and GMT in hours)/24)

Instead of current date use your dimension

Regards

Sheetal

sateesh_kumar1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Niels ,

Covert it to required format at database itself .I think it's nothing to at reporting !!.

niels_goosman
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Right... why are you proposing something that that is not useful? just to get some "points" ???
I thought this was a serious forum where you can have a serious discussion.

The Data is stored in GMT in the DB (SAP-ME) like many other products.

sateesh_kumar1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Niels Goosman ,

I've recommended doing at database because , timezones works with DayLightSavings switches, creating hard coding values with IF and ELSE at reporting end may not be accurate !!.

What is your backend ? Is it BW ?

Found something for Oracle database  ,please see if this helps .

Create a new object in IDT.

CAST(FROM_TZ(CAST(Table.ObjectName AS TIMESTAMP), 'GMT')

at time zone 'Africa/Algiers' AS Date)

Thank you.

omacoder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you do it at the database level, how to you know what time zone the end user is in? The variable needed here is the browser timezone. Can that be passed to the database through the universe to do the conversion to the user's local time?

I guess if you know the end user is ALWAYS going to be logging in from CET then that can be hard coded, but the correct way would be to do a variable.

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

have you tried with to change the BI launch pad preferences.(Locales and Time Zone->change the value of current time zone)

Amit

niels_goosman
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Amit

Yes I have tried that, and that does not work.

Br Niels

omacoder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This only updates the internal date times to the BOE application (eg, last instance run time, next instance run time, created date, modified date). This does not convert any of the dates coming in through a universe.