cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Carrier in sap EHS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Aspirant

I work as safety officer in one of concern I wish to shift my carrier to sap EHSM  is it right.

I am Diploma in Electrical and Electronics  engineer and diploma in industrial safety  and I have completed  my  NEBOSH certification also and right now my age is 39 years .I have altogether 17 years of experience in medium scale engineering industry as electrical and safety officer (4 Years in Safety rest in Electrical )My plan is  move to GCC Country.

Thanks and Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

satya11719
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Then you go with EHSM ORM Operational Risk management like incident management & risk assessment. but no trainer are available because demo server is not available.

They have servers for classic version only. Better to confirm first with trainers before going for training classes lot of fake consultancy are there for looting money.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Satyanarayana

You can begin your career with ESHM as it is a product SAP is focussing long term into. SAP incident management is one key area in which you can look to venture to.

For gaining knowledge  there is ton of material available on this site . You can also refer back to SAP Press publication which is available for sale at Incident Management with SAP EHS Management - by SAP PRESS

The Ebook is not very expensive and you can go through the same. I can hand hold you to clarify your doubts etc.

There are few companies available from where you can buy licences for practice and can run a complete cycle.  If you want i can share the name of those companies. The E-book could guide you the required configurations in the background.

Hope this helps,

Regards

Manu

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Manu

I can not "100%" agree to your statement:

"You can begin your career with ESHM as it is a product SAP is focussing long term into."

SAP will not invest any more in some "old" products etc. But EHS classic will be used in future as well (and if legal need comes up i clearly assume that SAP will (as in the past) support customers.

On long term: for some areas EHSM will be the only supported tool; but let us wait and see

C.B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Christoph

I agree to most of the things you said but my proposal to Satyanarayana to start his learning with SAP EHSM Incident management solution specifically on webdynpro was because of following reasons

1. SAP EHS is a vast topic available both on GUI and webdynpro , however the EHSM version of  incident management is easy to learn and relate to specially if you are beginning in  SAP world.
  2. I believe the solution architecture of EHSM is relatively easy to relate with from configuration and user experience point of view.
  3. Off course solutions such as product safety and DG etc are there to stay on SAP EHS as part of ERP, however for a beginner they may find them difficult unless he is mentored and guided by someone senior. 

Thanks

Manu

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Manu

explanation understood.

Anything depends on "direction" of career; there are enough options in SAP world. And you are right; we have a kind of "hype" for EHSM (many companies seems to install this solution); You need different SAP skills for EHSM in comparison to EHS classic.

Good luck for career using SAP

C.B.

satya11719
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your domain experience is def. helpful if you go through EHSM ORM Operational Risk management like incident management & risk assessment.

Product Safety & DGM is related to Regulation kind of thing.

Please go through the link http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-41109

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr Sathyanarayanan

Thanks for your replay My nature of job as safety officer is Identification of Hazard,Risk assessment , Safe zone working , recording of incidents , accidents and near miss etc safe storage of hazardous particle maintance of MSDS etc.

Even though i was in electrical i am interested in safety earlier i was planned to start my sap carrier in PM but after knowing about EHSM i am little interested on that and NEBOSH is international certification on SAFETY.

Thanks and Awaiting for  your reply