Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Array and object issue in JSON, REST

harish_babu5
Participant
0 Kudos

HI all,

I have a synchronous scenario. REST --- PI --- ECC  ---  PI  --- REST

In the response receiver payload, I have an item node. I have given it as 0..unbounded since it can have either multiple items or single item. REST Communication channel is converting to JSON from xml. Everything is working fine. However the receiver application complains that they are getting the items node as object and array.

If items have multiple items under that node then, JSON structure is like this:

"Item": [

{

"ItemNumber" : "00001",

"ItemDescription" : "xyz"

"Quantity" : "0"

}

{

"ItemNumber" : "00002"

"ItemDescription" : "abc"

}

]

Now if item has only single item under that node, the JSON structure is like this:

"Item" : {

"ItemNumber" ; "00004",

"ItemDescription" ; "def",

}

They receiver REST application wants Item to come as an array even if there is one single item. How is this possible with PI?

Regards

Harish Babu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Harish

This can be achieved using enhanced JSON conversion as described in Vadim's blog below. You need to configure the conversion table and set that specific node to an array type.

Make sure you are on the right SP/Patch which mentioned in SAP Note 2175218.

Rgds

Eng Swee

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had a similar issue. So we implemented the Patch 20 for 7.4 SP11 with all depended additional patches. But the new configuration feature for JSON arrays is not available.

Do we have to import a new ESR SAP Basis Content? Where can it be found...on the marketplace I only found the ESR Basis Content for SP11 ... but not explicitly for SP11 Patch 20.

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Yes, you have to import newer adapter metadata (provided within XI Content for software component SAP_BASIS) in order to be able to see new features in user interface when configuring communication channels.

You may check SAP Note 2276231 for details, or you can also check some SCN forum threads that discuss similar problems - for example, .

In SAP Service Marketplace, download XI Content that corresponds to release and Support Package level of your PI system (ignoring Patch Level of a specific software component)

Regards,

Vadim

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hareish,

Check alex reply in the below blog.

Hi Nida,

will be supported with next SP shipment 7.31 SP17 / 7.4 SP13, planned to be shipped in November

Alex

Regards,

Praveen.