Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixed Buttons in View

vinodkumar_thangavel
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

In a WD Component i have created a view and that view contains many UI elements where the user will be able to scroll down and finally Save ,

Instead of that i want the Buttons to be fixed either at the top or bottom so that without scrolling user need to Save the application, Kindly suggest.

Regards,

Vinodkumar.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member16322
Participant
0 Kudos

Could you use stacked Panels or something? Some sort of container for the Buttons, and a different container for the remainder of the screen?

Set up like this (vertically).

Panel 1 - Has buttons

Panel 2 - Has Rest of Screen

That is how I would approach the requirement to always have buttons on top, partition the view into 2 containers; not sure if there is a better solution out there though.

vinodkumar_thangavel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Steve ,

Thanks for you input, but i need the buttons to be in a fixed position because my filling content is having more than 5 pages so that if i scroll down the buttons at the top is getting scrolled up , so every time the user needs to either scroll up or down while filing the content at the middle page.

That why i need a static Header or buttons at the top .

Regards,

Vinodkumar.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Try using containers . You can use two different transparent containers in your application.

The first one should have all buttons you want on top.

The second one should have all the text, input or whatever else your view requires . Switch on the property for scrolling (scrollingmode) for this container. More info is in below link about how to use this .

TransparentContainer - Web Dynpro for ABAP - SAP Library

Earlier we used to have scroll container as well, which I am not sure if it is obsolete now .

Scrolling should be done only in the second container in your requirement else the buttons will move up on scrolling the whole page down.

Answers (0)