cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLT Replication for Oracle DB source system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

We would like to replicate tables from Oracle Database using SLT replication server on HANA DB.

Version of SLT Server is DMIS-> 2011 SP07

Oracle: 11 G

HANA DB: SP09

Data Type in source system: Nested tables

We are able to see the tables in data provisioning after replicating DD02L and DD02T tables. But whenever we replicate the table its going

in error. There are free background process in the system.

Replication error in SLT ABAP is "No Column table found for table schema.tablename"

DB connection is working fine i have checked this and SLT can open and close the source DB successfully.

Please let me know in case you need more details.

Thanks

Jyoti Arya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jgleichmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jyoti,

if I understand your scenario and situation correct you successfully configured the SLT and connected the SLT to the HANA. You initially replicated the dictionary tables (DD02L + DD02T). When you select a table in data provisioing or directly in the SLT you get this error?

Is there any detailed error in work process traces or indexserver trace on hana?

It seems to be that there is a mapping mismatch between the replication target and the structure / schema of the available tables on HANA side.

May be there is an error while creating the new target table.

Please verify if there are more detailed errors in your system.

Cheers,

Jens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jens,

Thanks for your response. Below are the error messages.

LTRC-->

Table /1CADMC/S0001972 does not exist in the

database

WP error logs

Please let me know in case you need more information

Thanks & Regards

Jyoti

jgleichmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jyoti,

ok the issue is that the view in connection 1 (HDB) can't be created in cause of invalid identifiers.

What is the name of the HDB schema? Is it mixed with lower and upper case?

There is an error in versions before SLT 2011 SPS08 ( 2100164 - SLT (2011 SP08) - Correction 01 😞

"View will not be created if schema name in HANA has upper and lower case"

Check that, recreate the connection with a new schema name oder update to the latest SLT version.

Please also update the DBSL Client.

Regards,

Jens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jens

Thanks for your response. You are right issue was because of case sensitive schema name.

I have added the connection once again and it works now.

Except that for one table i am getting

Access plan calculation failed

Do you have any idea about this issue.

Thanks

Jyoti

jgleichmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jyoti,

please read note 2253900 - SLT replication fails with error "Access plan calculation failed...Blocksize too small":

"This error can occur when an incorrect reading type is being used.  If the selection parameter is a field that has too many records with the same value, SAP LT Replication Server allows the portion size to be increased to 800 million bytes however if this limit is exceeded an error is returned."

for more details read SAP Landscape Transformation Replication Server Performance Optimization Guide

Regards,

Jens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jens

We are on DMIS SP7 and attached note is not SP9

Thanks

Jyoti

jgleichmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jyoti,

I think this also is valid for SP7. Have you checked the records and tried the workaround?

The default portion size for reading type 1 is 8million bytes. As the portion size is calculated by multiplying the total bytes of all fields by the number of records in a portion, actual portion size is typically smaller asnot all fields are filled.You can change the default portion size in Advanced Replication Settings (transaction LTRS) under  Performance Options by using the field Package Size.

If the selection parameter is a field that has too many records with the same value, SAP LT  Replication Server  allows the  portion  size  to be  increased  to  800 million bytes. If this  limit is exceeded , the system returns an error  stating that the selection parameter is not suitable. You have to define another field as the selection parameter, or use a different reading type."

Regards,

Jens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jens

Thanks for your response. We have modified the tables at source end to solve this and its working fine now.

Thanks & Regards,

Jyoti

0 Kudos

Hi jyoti,

Am also facing same issue, could you please tell me how did you modify tables at source end.

i mean table data type r..? 

Answers (0)