Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Use ABCO For Exchange Rate Adjustment

fernando_francov
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello friends,

I have an asset which is managed in COP currency in area 01. Every posting on this area affects area 08 (PEN) and area 09 (USD). I posted a down payment for the asset and then cleared it.

After that down payment line on AW01N show zero for area 01, but when i look to areas 08 and 09 there is an amount 0.07 PEN and 1.12 USD, this amounts come from the exchage rate from the clearing document from the down payment.

I know i can use ABCO for doing the adjustment on these areas but i don't know which transaction type i have to use.

Please, i will appreciate your advice.

Regards,

Fernando

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fernando

Are these depreciation areas in Parallel Currency or Foreign Currency

If these are Parallel currency dep areas, I would expect them to reconcile with FI and no balance should be left over like this

May be you should check with SAP OSS

Ajay M

fernando_francov
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

I which transaction i could check if these depreciation areas are in parallel currency or foreign currency. For now i thought they area in parallel currency, because on the FI documentos i have USD as Local Currency 2 and PEN as Local Currency 3.

Regards,

Fernando

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In that case it would be Parallel Currency only..

ideally then you should not have balance left over. I would suggest to check with Sap Oss

Ajay M

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to credit the transaction then you can use the transaction type 101/105 and for debit transaction you can use 100. But before use this transaction type you have to limit the transaction type for dep.areas. Then only it allows to post the specific area.

Regards,

Mukthar

fernando_francov
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mukthar,

I have created a new transaction type based on TT 100, with no area restriction. When i execute ABCO it ask for COP currency (area 01 currency), here i put value 0. Then  i put the debit values for area 8 and area 9, i.e. -0.07 PEN (area 8 currency) and - 1.12 USD (area 9 currency).

When I simulate posting the resilt shows no lines. This occurs because of the 0 amount i put for COP currency, but when I puy a value greater than 0 the simulation process shows the lines of the FI document.

My doubt is about how to put COP value if i don't want to affect area 01 with posting on area 8 and 9.

Area 8 an 9 are dependant from area 1.

Regards,

Fernando