SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FM for address independent phone number

former_member222701
Participant
0 Kudos

We have created a program based on Return Mail...we send a file with all the return mail to external site.  This external site reviews and search for the most updated mailing address and phone number, then they send us a file with all the updated information.  This file is picked up by and SAP transaction which updates all this information on the customer's accounts.  The business original request was to SAP to only update phone numbers that have an updated mailing address. We did this using FM BAPI_BUPA_ADDRESS_CHANGE and BAPI_ISUACCOUNT_CHANGE.  Now the requirement has changed, business wants SAP to update phone numbers regardless of updated mailing address.  Do you know of any function module that can do that or how can we make the change using the FM mentioned above.

Thanks in advance for you assistance..

Valentina Solorzano

3 REPLIES 3

former_member199199
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Valentina,

Since you are not updating address, I suppose you would updae only the telephone/mobile number under the same the address number. So, essentially you would update the ADR2 table only.

Could you please check exploring the FM BAPI_CUSTOMER_CHANGEFROMDATA or BAPI_BUPA_ADDRESS_CHANGE ?

Thanks

Bodhisattwa

former_member227287
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI Valentina,

You can achieve this by the BAPI_BUPA_ADDRESS_CHANGE which you have already used,

Provide the business partner no in the import parameter "BUSINESSPARTNER" and you have to fill the below tables

1)BAPIADTEL field TELEPHONE (Provide the telephone no here)

2)BAPIADTEL_X field TELEPHONE (Provide "X" for this field).

After the above bapi call you have to call "BAPI TRANSACTION_COMMIT".

I have tested this and this is working for me .

Regards,

Chandandeep.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Valentine,

Check this thread -

Looks like the FMs BUPA_CREATE_FROM_DATA or BUPA_CENTRAL_CHANGE might be what you need to use. The thread has more details, which one should be used when etc.

I haven't tested it out, but I think this might help you.

Regards,

Averil.