Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE/B.Tech/ME/M.Tech/MCA with a minimum of 65%.??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Many MNC's have this percentage criteria for minimum 65%. why is it so like that?

I came across this job opening in sap for fresher but then the percentage criteria of minimum 65% and added skills which I was very much aware off.

but then was unable to apply for the interview.

Is percentage more important than technical skills? .

Thank you.

Itisha Narayan.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

They have it because they can. If they have hundreds of applicants they can cull the list with a minimum requirements to be met

If these are SAP certification exams then 65% is not necessarily a high grade for someone who is experienced.

I might use grades as a guideline but I would look at skills and experience. In an interview, grades won't mean much as I'll choose the applicant who can explain why and how they would approach something instead of regurgitating facts or steps at me. I like to know how a candidate thinks and problem solves. The rest can be taught.

Still, HR department like ways to cull the list of applicants.

8 REPLIES 8

former_member204556
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Itisha,

Yes..Very true thought!!

Because of such criteria many candidates with good technical skills could not even attend interviews.

Academic percentage is nowhere related skills.

Regards,

Shrusti

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Itisha,

Until you get your first job, this plays a major role. We have so many Engineering Freshers every year, this is used as a criteria to filter the candidates from hug numbers.

Also i guess only big companies have such restriction, i dont see things in mid-scale companies.

Try to get into any small scale companies, just for learning and getting exp, after 2 years, all things will change.

All the best... God Bless

Regards

terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Terence,

I totally agree with you, but then don't you think by filtering the candidates by there percentage they might miss people who are practically brilliant and not just a book worms.

Now days even mid-scale companies have a strategy of having 60% minimum.

Presently I'm working in a good company and happy,no problem in that, It's just that a lot of people face these kinda problem.

So I just had a question in my mind.. why depending on percentage?

Thank you for your reply.

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

They have it because they can. If they have hundreds of applicants they can cull the list with a minimum requirements to be met

If these are SAP certification exams then 65% is not necessarily a high grade for someone who is experienced.

I might use grades as a guideline but I would look at skills and experience. In an interview, grades won't mean much as I'll choose the applicant who can explain why and how they would approach something instead of regurgitating facts or steps at me. I like to know how a candidate thinks and problem solves. The rest can be taught.

Still, HR department like ways to cull the list of applicants.

0 Kudos

well said Mr.Colleen Hebbert.

former_member183349
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Irisha,

'We are living in the competitive world with talented people in our country- we always ran ran ran inorder to get the first prize(Champion) if you

lose try it for the best then rest will follow'

Our country is pool of talented people Since 1990.

All India Inc do check for the following eligibility of the  candidate with basic requirement (filter the candidate from Example: 1000 Nos. to Example:

50Nos.) criteria as percentage 65% from 10th 12th, UG/PG.

In order to overcome you can approach to score high marks rating and if not score high mark people will suffer even though those who have well

talented.

As far as concern, you can start try with small companies after gaining experience you may called by

big companies like MNC's that time you talent, Technical skills, Industry experience will play most important role.

All the very best. Keep trying. Never Give Up.

Regards,

Vivek

raj_kumar103
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Itisha,

I'm also one of the Victim on this.While i was Fresher i can't able to attend most of the MNC's due to they expecting 60% above Through out the Academics.

Post My SAP Certification, in interview no one worry about my percentage and all.. they checked my Knowledge. only

Former Member
0 Kudos

Presently I'm fresher and facing a lots of problem because of less than 60%. Is there any solution to this problem?