Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find trigger of print

mmuetze
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have a question regarding the point a print was triggered. I try to explain:

I like to have a way to check if the print, for example of an billing document, was triggered because a new output was created in the billing document or if the user just clicked VF03->Billing Document->Issue Output to and then prints the form.

Do you know a way to differe between these to ways in the print program?

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Laszlo_B
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Marcel,

unfortunately the R/3 spooler does not store in any way how / why a spool has been created or has been printed.

The only information in the spooler can be the Title of the spool, which can contain the name of the report which has generated the spool. Unfortunately this is not reliable, because any program can easily override the Title while the spool is being generated (as well as it can be changed in transaction SP01 anytime, if the end user has enough authorization).

That said, an alternative solution is to use an application-related logging.

Table NACH is the first thing which comes to my mind - unfortunately I am not familiar with application settings, so I don't know whether there is a designated field for your request. This needs to be checked from the application side - or, "as usual", it can be considered whether a manual code can be added to the application, and e.g. an Application Log entry (into transaction SLG1) can be added each time a printing function is fired from the application (in this scenario: VF03).

Best regards,

Laszlo