cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original form for the correction has not been filed for the W2-C?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In a testing that we are doing for the W2 for 2014, when we execute the Tax Reporter for the W-2C, we are getting the message below in the image.

I am trying to find some information in the internet about it without success. Do you know what this error means or can you give me more information about it so I can understand what we are missing here?

Thanks,

Carlos

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ted_dinh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

W-2C (W2 Correction) is generated base on delta differences between original W2 run that is already filed (in PU19 - Annual - W2 - tab 'Generation/Filing Date to mark the run is completed)  and this run.

Since you haven't 'filed' W-2 yet, the W-2 is not considered completed  (i.e. you can still run W2 in prod mod again), W-2C can't be run and therefore you got the error.

Rgds.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ted!

So do we will need to execute first the Tax Reporter with the option below and then we should be able to execute the W-2C without that error?

ted_dinh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, I'm not quite sure what option 'Post Filing Run' does when you run W2 as you would need to provide the date you want to stamp W2 as filed, and this option doesn't ask for one.

What you would do is run W2 in prod mod. Once done, go back to 'Annual' - W2- Wage and Tax Statement - on the tabs on the right of the screen - drop down to select 'Generation/Filing Dates' - this will retrieve the tax form  already run in prod - click on the pencil icon to change filing date.

Rgds.