cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NCO 3 Connection Pool Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody!

I'm calling a RFC using the nco 3.0, but I'm having a problem with the amount of connections when testing concurrent calls.

I am using the following parameters regarding the pool size and connection limit in the destination configuration:

parms.Add(RfcConfigParameters.PoolSize, "5");

parms.Add(RfcConfigParameters.PeakConnectionsLimit, "20");                       

My problem is that if, for instance, I have 10 threads calling a RFC at the same time from the same server and with the same user, for some reason I would like to know, only 2 of those requests are executed at a time. Also if I check the SM04 transaction, I see 3 rows corresponding to the user and server I'm using to call the RFC with nco.

So, to me it looks like those parameters are not having any effect at all, and even the default value of 10 for those parameters is not working.

What am I missing? Need some light in my way! 🙂

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

hynek_petrak
Active Participant

Hi Marcelo,

maybe your remote function call is too short and you are unable to saturate all 5 connections.

You would need to fire one function call after another.

E.g. if you have 1 second delay between the calls and the function module executes within 200 msecs, then the calls might serialize through just a 1 open connection.

It the function call returns in 5 seconds and the delay between the calls is 1 second, then the NCO will use all the 5 connections in parallel.

As long your response time for each of the calls is fine,  I would not care on how many connections are open.

I have tested and NCO scales up to some 96-98 parallel (multi-threaded) connections per application instance.

BR, Hynek