cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JAVA instance startup issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are facing an issue in JAVA instance startup. I have attached the error in jvm_bootsrap  I also wanted to know how can we modify element-info under server node in configtool.
Looks like need to put os.name, os.bit.length and os.Unicode in element info sheet. I have also attached the screenshots of the old instance ID and new instance ID. Looks like old instance ID had these entries.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

SJ

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Asha_Pillai
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you check if the note 757712 - Server created using Config Tool can't be bootstrapped; is applicable here?

Regards,

Asha

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have attached a text document with the text that I get when I generate the xml. Can  someone check and help? I don't see JVA entries as suggested in the note.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SJ

Could you share the jvm_bootstrap and log_bootstrap_ID*.log files?

Regards

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

I have attached the files.

Regards,

SJ

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SJ.

Thanks for your information.

1. You have to follow the steps as mention in the SAP Note 757712 which already provided by Asha.

2. Make sure the correct ID entered in the batch configuration xml file.

Regards

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did that. Modified JAVA home in servers general tab but I don't see any JAVA HOME entry as described in the note in my xml file. File is attached.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SJ.

In the SIDADM User environment it might be defined you can check in the command prompt 'java - version' you will get the java veraion details

Regards

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, we are using SAPJVM 4. But as per the note when we generate xml it should have an entry for JAVA version which we'll overwrite with os entries. IF you look at the xml I don't see any java version entries. I wanted to know can I just add these entries manually in the xml under element.info idXXX as per the note?

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SJ.

In windows you can define the JAVA_HOME both settings. In SIDADM & SAPServiceSID user id's "user variable " you can set the SAP JVM. and "system variable" set to java.

Regards

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I added the entries manually in the xml and ran the script and went ahead. While I was trying to fix I had created a new server node manually in configtool but deleted it later. The problem is the dev_jcontrol, dev_disp, etc logs are still showing that node. Can someone help me? Still JAVA is not running. The current node ends with "50" and the node that I created and deleted is "51". How do I delete all its traces?I have attached the logs.

Regards,

SJ

nickrankin
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SJ,

Was the system working fine before this problem? Was any activity such as system copy/backup restoration performed prior to the problem starting?

Best regards,

Nick

Asha_Pillai
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello SJ,

Please follow these steps

- Start the congitool (DON'T go to configuration editor mode stay on the

standard configtool page)

- Select instance_IDXXXX, then select servers general tab, change

the java home parameter (DON'T SAVE)

- go to main menu and select "File   Export properties to XML..."

- save the XML in configtool folder with the name batchconfig

Please follow rest of the note to get this issue resolved.

Regards,

Asha

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SJ.

1. Could you share the dev_bootstrap log.

2. If it is Oracle DB could you refer the SAP KBA 1785570 - "Database connection initialization failed!" issued by JAVA applications

Regards

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SJ,

Perform below steps...

1. Start offlinecfgeditor from configtool folder.
2. Switch to edit mode.
3. Browse the tree:
Configurations -> cluster_data -> server -> ID_<number1>
where <number1> stands for the ID of the first working server node from the instance.
4. Doubleclick Propertysheet element-info
5. Write down somewhere the values of "os.name" and "os.bit.length" properties.
6. Browse the tree:
Configurations -> cluster_data -> server -> cfg
7. DoubleClick on "Propertysheet element-info.ID_<number2>",
where "number2" stands for  the ID of the problematic server (in case you have more than one instance installed).
8. Correct the values of "os.name" and "os.bit.length" to be the same asthe ones obtained in step 5.
6. Restart the instance

Also check sapnote 2012156 - Setting the properties of a new instance.properties file

Regards,

Prithviraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prithvi,

How do we add entries to propertysheet in configtool? I don't see any button.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should follow Prithviraj steps as it is.

There is no button for propertysheet. You should click on Change button to edit the value.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you look at the screen shot the bottom one doesn't have an entry with os.name, os.bit.length and os.Unicode. Looks like I need to add these entries.