cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Unscrap integrated with ECC?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i just wanted to ask whether ME (15.0) is able to confirm Unscrapped parts towards ECC?

We just ran across this situation that some parts were accidentally scrapped in ME, so we Unscrapped them but we don't see any change in ECC for the Confirmed Scrap Qty and the Message Monitor doesn't show any confirmations.

I was under the assumption that both ways would be confirmed towards ECC Scrap and Unscrap, but i haven't found any indication for that so far.

If this is not supported, what is the recommended way of handling such a scenario?

Thanks,

Christian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Christian,

There is no such feature in standard SAP ME solution. It requires a customization.

Br, Alex.

P.S.: you may find helpful SAP Note 2020736 - 'Error in ScrapConfirmationRequest when SFC is scrapped second time' in case you scrap the SFC one more time after unscrap.

Message was edited by: Alexander Teslyuk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

thanks for the clarification.

I am actually quite surprised that this is not a Standard functionality as a scenario like this has a very high probability to happen in quite many manufacturing floors.

Are there any plans to integrate this in future releases?

Br,

Christian

0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

I can confirm that you're not the first one asking for this, but I am not aware of any fixed plan to implement it.

I would suggest that you try Customer Connection Program

http://www.sap.com/services-support/support/plans/info/solution-enhancement/index.html

Once there are 5 requests for the same feature, more chances it will be implemented.

Br, Alex.

0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Your question seems to boil down to the idea of reversals. At the moment, reversals are not supported by ME at all - either for yield or for scrap confirmations. And there is no plan to implement this feature in a near future.

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

In our case a lot of automatic assambly lines are sending every 30 minutes automatic production confirmations to our MES and the MES forwards them to SAP ECC backend. But some of the scrap parts from the assambly lines can be manually reworked and some of the automatic yield parts become scrap by sight control.

Therefore the MES needs functions to correct the automatic production confirmations.

Regards,

Roland

0 Kudos

Hi Roland,

Of course, MES should have such feature, but unfortunately it does not, yet.

Regards,

Sergiy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would question if there should be an unscrap confirmation. Once the confirmation is processed within ECC there are financials that are processed with that confirmation. You can't unscrap without reversing the financials as well. That is not likely to happen.

Grant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cancel Production Confirmation

synchronous inbound  service operation (A2X)

http://es-workplace.sap.com/socoview(bD1lbiZjPTAwMSZkPW1pbg==)/render.asp?id=706949B127AF11DB2B24000...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Grant I would partially disagree with you on this one. I think it is important that any transaction that can be carried out from within ME should be able to be reversed from within ME.

Operators on a shop floor can, will and do make mistakes, they are human after all. If the product they are building is very expensive and someone scraps it in ME by accident then they are not going to throw the product away so no matter what, they will want it reversed.

Now I do agree with your comment about it having a financial impact and that's very important to remember but financials can be reversed.

Can it happen? Yes. My first ME system I ever worked on (Visiprise 4.2) did exactly that using a custom PI interface (before SAPMEINT days).

Will it happen? If enough people request this functionality then yes it would be considered and added. It will not be an easy or quick development but it can be done.

Kev