cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to set value for attribute Manager. Detailed information (may not be translated): Loop detected

devaprakash_b
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Whenever I am trying to change the identity manager attribute MX_MANGER to another person, I am receiving the error message as unable to set value for attribute manager. detailed information (may not be translated): Loop detected.

I have performed the check, the person whom I am trying to set the manager also has manager assigned.

checked the mx_manager attribute link state - there is no deleted link

Version - SAP IDM 7.20-9.16

Can you please help me.

Regards,

DP

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member201064
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello DP,

the loop may even result from someone else in the manager chain. E.g. A has B as manager and C has A as manager. If you then try to assign C as the manager of B, you would recieve the loop detected error. A -> B -> C -> A wouldn't work.

Allowing "circular reference" on the MX_MANAGER attributes resolves the problem of assigning. Yet you should check the chain and correct it if needed.

When we connected the SAP OrgManagement (via the HCM szenario), we found out that someone was set as a manager who isn't actually a manager and got that problem, too.

Best regards

Dominik

former_member657020
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Team, I have raised the request in anothore link : https://scn.sap.com/thread/3952085 Please suggest how you resolved the issue and let me know if you need any further screen shots in order to understand the issue

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

devaprakash_b
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dominik,

thanks for the info.