cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Design studio Dashboard for Mobile

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

After i create a dashboard using sap design studio 1.6 for mobile , on some mobile device the view is normal as its need to be but on other mobile  devices  is not properly viewing..

:-on phones that have 540x930 and greater resolution it workes fine

480x850 and less resolution the components are not properly mapped .

is their anything i can do about it? need help..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

xjhacking
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Beniam,

Did you find a solution for this? I assume you are seeing this on Android devices using the SAP BusinessObjects Mobile app? Maybe it is the same issue I'm having:

Regards,

Xavier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Xavier.

I didn’t found any solution as you described on your discussion, but I did use some method it solved my requirement for the time being even if it consumes my time.

What I did is: - I categorized the reports in two categories for android,

1, for high resolution phone

2, for low resolution phone

And I used auto width and height for high resolution and I used the default template size for low resolution phones and it work fine now.

So the user can select from the two and give a default category on their phone.  Its maybe not striate forward answer but that’s what I did .

Regards,

Beniam

0 Kudos

Hi Beniam,

If you are facing the below issue on you android phone then you could refer to this SAP Note 2306937 - Design studio texts are too small for SAP BI Android Mobiles

• Very small texts on Titles, labels, crosstabs on BI Mobile app for Android mobile phones
  • Android tablets work fine

Currently this issue is analyzed as a design studio issue,  observed after upgrading to design studio 1.6

This is being looked by design studio team.

Thanks,

Ashvita

former_member210005
Participant
0 Kudos

just try writing

media

in css-class and setting component's height and width as auto.

then try previewing it.

Hope it helps.

james_batchelor2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Are you using the Grid container to have the components resize?

DS cannot rearrange components..or resize text etc.. responsively.. out of the box.

either build for the device to be leveraged, build in what to do based on screen size or look at 3rd party plugins that can aid.

james

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi jemes.

yes am using grid container for organizing the componenets and for the sizing i use panel

beniam

former_member210005
Participant
0 Kudos

Any of the ways you wish James, have tried both and the auto resize is done properly in both cases.

In case you want to make two different layouts then you can make use of APPLICATION.getUserAgent()

to get the device being used so that you can identify the device and show layout as per the same, though that is when you are using different layouts for different devices.

0 Kudos

Please refer to SAP notes, if they help:-

2240552 # Considerations on viewing Design Studio applications on  Mobile devices using SAP BI Mobile client application (MOBI)
2240553 - Considerations on viewing Design Studio 1.6 applications on
SAP BI Mobile client application (MOBI)

Regards

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vikas.

But Still

• The page structure does not fit, Report pages get trimmed or the text is trimmed at the end of page.

it differ from device to device it works fine on greater than 540x930 resolution for android devices ..

0 Kudos

Please refer to http://help.sap.com Design Studio 1.6 User Guide, Section 4, Page 47.

Please let me know if that helps.

Regards

Vikas