Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Events based on text

former_member182454
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on a shipper scenario whereby we require certain instructions in form of text to be maintained in sales order.Now when this sales order is transferred to TM, based on ERP text schema mapping, carrier can view these instructions in corresponding freight order.Now business wants that based on text availability in notes tab of freight order, events should be triggered automatically.

Can experts throw light on this with coding logic may be

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Indraneel,

Do you mean that you want to update in SAP TM frieght order tab certain text then it would trigger events directly to SAP EM? \

Is my understanding correct?

Regards

GGOPII

former_member182454
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes your understanding is correct.

Once carrier updates certain text in freight order then it should trigger events directly in TM execution node of FO as well as it should be updated in EM as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Indraneel,

I would say do it via Event Extractor of the freight order.

Create a Custom Event Type with appropriate relevance logic...maybe your text which is entered by the Carrier apart from other checks. In the event extractor FM, build the events which you want to report.

The key here is to check if adding text will trigger FO changes and if Event Types are called or not.

Thanks,

Vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Indraneel,

When we suggest these kind of solutions, we should take care below points on especially texts.

1. Should not validate the program to check entire text e-g: "Carrier information is not provided, so it is not possible to meet given date".  These entire string words validation looks some challenge and not advisable.

2. Text characters should not search certain word in paragraph and not to trigger even type e-g.

Carrier information is not provided,

so it is not possible to meet

given date by Vendor 2344382.

In above case, you should not search only If Vendor equal to "2344382".

3. Check only one word or two words maximum or first two characters - e-g: CA - Cancelled, NM - Not Met, CL - Closed etc.

Use event extractor to achieve this new functionality.

Regards

GGOPII