cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Right to Left" reading order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

With "Right to Left" reading order a text is displyed differently in different systems. e.g. 622-S12-A is displayed sometimes as orginal text, sometimes as S12-A-622.We want to display the original text and we need the reading order as "Right to Left".How to do this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me give little more information so that someone can help me:

I am getting different output for same texts with different versions of Crystal Report 2008 with reading order as Right to Left. I want to display the text as it is and I have to read from right to left.

Text1: 622-S1506-02-A

Text2: 12 AB

1) Windows XP/Windows Server 2003 with Crystal Report 2008 v2 Runtime 2 Text1: 622-S1506-02-A Text2: Not known

2) Windows 7/Windows Server 2008 with Crystal Report 2008 v4 Runtime Text1: S1506-02-A-622 Text2: AB 12

3) Windows 7/Windows Server 2008 with Crystal Report 2008 v5 Full Version is installed Text1: 622-S1506-02-A Text2: AB 12

So that means the characters "-" and " " take a special character sometimes for formatting. Is there any difference in runtime when we only install runtime and when we install full software ? My ultimate goal is to display the text as it is. I can not change reading order because of dependency in full page design.

Former Member
0 Kudos

to add, I am using Windows Server 2003 with CR2008 V2 where it displays properly. In Win7/Windows Server 2008 it does not display properly.

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

And how are you viewing this report? In a third-party app, CR Designer or InfoView?

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhilash,

We are generating PDF by using Crystal Report engine.

-Suman

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

By Crystal Reports engine, do you mean the CR Designer or some other tool that uses the CR engine?

Also, how does the order look like from the CR Designer?

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using Visual Studio to invoke CR engine and generate PDF. Even in CR designer the order is changed as checked in Win7 machine. In Windows server 2003(where it does not change order) we actually have runtime only. So can not check what is displayed in designer in that case.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can you please let me know if this behavior can be made proper i.e. I would like to display the exact text with Right to Left reading order?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The characters "-" and " " is taken as special characters for formatting sometimes and sometimes it is not taken. Is there anyway I can define special characters for reading order "Right To Left"?