cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI Platform Support Tool Issue: Auditing Database Last Updated On alert

andrew_dale
Explorer
0 Kudos

My DEV system has a file stuck in auditing so the Auditing Database Last Updated value on the CMC is showing as 19 January 2016

In the 1.9 version of the tool this is flagged up as an alert.

In the 2 version of the tool, all but one of the metrics have moved from the Auditing Metrics section of the CMC to the Central Management Server Metrics section and this alert is not showing even though the value is more than 2 hours ago -  is actually 13 days ago!

Has the tool lost its alert for this values?

This is also an issue in version 2.0.1 which I have just downloaded and tried.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

joshua_kuhn
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

You're absolutely right.  This alert was missed when rewriting the alerting code for 2.0.   In 1.x codeline, the alert thresholds were hard coded in the html pages. 

Now in 2.0 alerting, we've opened up the door for users to create & define their own alerts.  Not to mention, now the metrics and parameters you see in the BIP Support Tool follow the same structure as you'd find in the CMC.  IE. a server metric in the tool should be found in the exact same place in the CMC (under the server object, metrics page, and within the corresponding service section).  This should make it easier for cross referencing parameter and metric names/values.

But regarding your main question, there are various operators available to choose from in v2.x when creating a new alert(see image below).  But "days old" isn't one of them. 

However, adding this type of operator and evaluation code shouldn't be too difficult.  Although what you are looking for is unfortunately not in the current build, I'll work on getting it added in an upcoming revision.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.  I think v2.0.2 will probably be posted either this week or next. I'll update this post once the feature is completed.

Regards,

Joshua

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Toby_Johnston
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for reporting the problem.  Let me look into it and will follow up soon.

Regards

Toby