SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Commitment Plan for Purchase Contracts

zainm_bashir
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have a business requirement to apply budget control on MM Contracts. The scenario is as follows:

- Service PR = $10,000 (Budget committed by $10,000)

- Service Contract for one year with reference to PR = $10,000 (Commitment of PR carried forward)

- Service PO against Contract $10,000 (Commitment of PR carried forward)

- SES against PO $10,000 (Commitment converted into Actualization)

- Invoice against PO $10,000 (Actualization of SES carried forward)

I have applied the guide mentioned on SAP Library and configured the following:

1 - Define Company Code Group (Z001)

2 - Assign Company Code to a Company Code Group (Company Codes assigned to Z001)

3 - Define Document Type (Funds Reservation Category 30 with Document Type 11 is selected)

4 - Global Funds Management Function is activated already.

5 - Maintain data for Integration Scenario:

6 - Configured MM Document Type of Contracts:

In spite of all the configuration, system is behaving as following:

- PR Creation - Budget Consumed

- Contract against PR creation - No Impact

- PO against Contract which was created with reference to PR - Budget consumption is getting doubled which is wrong.

Please guide where i am mistaken?

Regards,

Zain Bashir

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iklovski
Active Contributor

I believe, you do it when assigning commitment plan to your newly created contract.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The process should be different from what you describe. First, you create a contract specifying the commitment plan. This will create an earmarked fund (reservation); it will happen immediately if you flag 'generate CP item'. Then, your logistic chain will refer to this reservation.

Regards,

Eli

P.S. PRs should be posted statistically, in your case, as indeed, it will create double-consumption of budget.

P.P.S You can consult this link for more info Commitment Plan - Defense MILSTRIP Purchasing - SAP Library

0 Kudos

Thanks Mr Eli, I am working on your guided solution.

Regards,

Zain Bashir

iklovski
Active Contributor

I believe, you do it when assigning commitment plan to your newly created contract.

0 Kudos

Hi Mr Eli,

While clicking Commitment Plan push button, i am getting following error message:

Account assignment for item 00010 already exists

Message No. MECP009

Can you please guide?

Regards,
Zain Bashir

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is only possible to maintain a commitment plan if AccAssCat is empty. Therefore, commitment plan can not be created for services purchasing documents. Note: 2234370 - Error MECP009 in transaction ME31K/ME32K

0 Kudos

Thanks Eli,

Can you please guide me how to make GL Account, Commitment Item & Cost Center as Editable. All of these objects are coming in display mode :

Its kind of MM thing but would appreciate if you could guide me anything here as well.

Regards,

Zain Bashir

0 Kudos

Hi Mr Eli,

Any guide in this case please? i checked screen layout at Document Level but no luck.

Any enhancement or BADI or anything please?

Regards,

Zain Bashir

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have no system currently, so cannot tell you much. However, try and post this in MM forum.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

I have made it

Following are the steps i have performed:

1 - Create Contract (ME31K) with Account Assignment (K) with respective GLs and Cost Centers.

2 - Change Contract (ME32K), this time removed Account Assignment and clicked Commitment Plan and maintained commitment plan against respective GL and Cost Center Heads.

Regards,

Zain Bashir

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OK, perfect. Do you have reservation created now?

0 Kudos

yes budget was consumed by the amount i mentioned.

Regards,

Zain Bashir