cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different exchange rates used in the same FI document in bank-to-bank transfer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

We experienced a strange SAP behaviour during a payment run in treasury (F111). A payment run with bank-to-bank transfer origin generated an FI document in document currency HUF with 2 different translated local currency amount in EUR. We have the correct translation date and exchange rate on the right value date of the payment run (Header of the FI document) but one of the 2 involved house bank account item has a local currency amount calculated with exchange rate stored for the previous day. Which leads to a third FI document item in order to off-set this exchange rate difference in local currency EUR.

Does anyone have any idea on this strange behaviour...

Many thanks for your prompt answers/comments.

Brgds

Philippe.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Philippe

We do have same problem with a bank transfert document generated in FRFT_B that contains two different currencies (one Bank in USD and other in EUR).

We posted the document in one previous day (in our case in 2014 -to "force" a big different between today Exchange rate and that day: 2 vs 1,37-). When we generated the payment document (in F111) we detected a difference Exchange Rate in Header and lines: in the header is OK and it uses the rate Exchange of 2014 and it uses the rate Exchange of the day when the program runs.

See my example (F111_Error in Exchange rate.jpg)

Did you solve this problem? How?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

accountant clerk has changed value date of the wrong item in the FI document itself.

But on treasury side, the back office missed the bank-to-bank transfer due to the fact that exchange rate difference account was not assigned to this bank account and the payment was blocked. We've updated this table via OKB1 but too late. Then treasury has faced a claim due to this missing payment deadline.

Rgds

Philippe.

0 Kudos

Hello Philippe

We found a workarround ... we change the excahnge rate of today (i.e 1,200) for the one of the posting day (i.e. 1,1122). Then we ran the FRFT_B program with the same data that I put in my previos comment.

The FI documment is OK!!

After that, we change 1,1122 to 1,200 again ... and it works!!

I know it's a "little bit" discusting ... but at least the FI documments are OK.

I hope it can help you.

Regards