cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange behaviour when using CrystalReportViewer in dll

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a problem with the framework for Crystal Report for Visual Studio.

We have a ReportViewer, which is implemented in a seperate DLL-module, which is called via a

C++/CLI-bridge.

It is used to open reports which use datasource provided by the ODBC text driver.

It all works perfectly from the debugger, but when I start the exe directly and try to open a Report I get the following behaviour:

The strange thing is, that the problems only occure at the very first start of the report viewer dialog, so for me it looks like the framework is not initialized properly.

• A report only with textfields and no datasources:

At first start of the ReportViewer:

At second start of the ReportViewer:

• A report with fields connected to a ODBC datasource:

First start:

Second start:

I load a report the same way it is done in the examples provided by SAP, so this seemed to be correct.

I also get no errors when I look into the logs in the process monitor.

Do you have an idea what might be the problem?

What I tried to do is:

• Preloading the CrystalReport assemblies with Assembly.Load("CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine ...") and so on.

Thanks in advance

PS: I already asked the question in

but that thread was not easy to follow anymore and gave no result, so I made a clear one in which the problem is written down clearly.

Should the old one be closed then?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The screen shout you are displaying are of the CR designer. That just does not make any sense. I'd like you to see the sample app "vbnet_win_SimplePreviewReport" available from here:

Crystal Reports for .NET SDK Samples - Business Intelligence (BusinessObjects) - SCN Wiki

Get the report to view that sample app, then see if you can modify the code to fit your purposes.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Use the SAP Idea Place

Answers (0)