Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems with activate activities in SAP MII and NWDI

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey guys,

before i activate i configured the following document:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f0d998ba-2076-2d10-b3be-90909838e...

i try to activate an activity in MII

after that the activation failed with status failed

whats wrong?

in Advanced search http://localhost:50000/webdynpro/dispatcher/sap.com/tc.CBS.WebUI/WebUI

the following error is given

Build number assigned: 124 Change request state from QUEUED to PROCESSING REQUEST PROCESSING started at 2016-02-01 17:44:28.066 GMT
    ACTIVATION request in Build Space "MU2_MIIDEV_D" at Node ID: 3.696.050
[id: 124; parentID: 0; type: 4]
[options: FORCE ACTIVATE PREDECESSORS]

Waiting for access: 15 ms

===== Pre-Processing =====  started at 2016-02-01 17:44:28.081 GMT
        List of requested for activation activities:
            ''firm_MIIDEV_1'' compartment
                MII_TRANS_TEST2
                    [ISN 15][created by IEL at 2016-02-01 18:43:33.0][OID 8b44ec98c90511e5a0d80000003865b2]
            There is 1 activity in compartment firm_MIIDEV_1
            1 activity will be processed by this request

Analyze dependencies to predecessor activities... started at 2016-02-01 17:44:28.081 GMT
            Analyzing predecessors in compartment "firm_MIIDEV_1"
                No dependencies to predecessor activities found.
        Analyze dependencies to predecessor activities... finished at 2016-02-01 17:44:28.081 GMT and took 0 ms

Analyze versions... started at 2016-02-01 17:44:28.081 GMT
            List Active Versions Report: "HTTP/1.1 207 Multi-Status" finished at 2016-02-01 17:44:28.081 GMT and took 0 ms
            Resource "/SCs/firm/MIIDEV/_comp/TopLevelDCs/sap.com tst mii_trans_test2.dcref" is not relevant for DC build and will be ignored. Reason:
Invalid DC URL '/SCs/firm/MIIDEV/_comp/TopLevelDCs/sap.com tst mii_trans_test2.dcref'. URL does not point to DCs root directory.

Synchronize metadata for [sap.com/tst/mii_trans_test2] started at 2016-02-01 17:44:28.097 GMT
                Verification of DL [ws/MIIDEV/firm_MIIDEV/dev/active/] finished at 2016-02-01 17:44:28.097 GMT and took 0 ms
                Verification of cache (level 2: Comparison of attributes) finished at 2016-02-01 17:44:28.113 GMT and took 16 ms
            Synchronize metadata for [sap.com/tst/mii_trans_test2] finished at 2016-02-01 17:44:28.113 GMT and took 16 ms
            < CREATE > ''sap.com/tst/mii_trans_test2'' DC
        Analyze versions... finished at 2016-02-01 17:44:28.113 GMT and took 32 ms

Analyze activities... started at 2016-02-01 17:44:28.113 GMT
            Loading component definitions
            1 component to be build in compartment "firm_MIIDEV_1"
        Analyze activities... finished at 2016-02-01 17:44:28.113 GMT and took 0 ms
        Calculate all combinations of components and variants to be built...

Analyze request DC BV... started at 2016-02-01 17:44:28.113 GMT
                ''sap.com/tst/mii_trans_test2'' variant ''default''
                ''sap.com/tst/mii_trans_test2'' variant ''default'' cannot be built. ACTIVATION will fail.
                Build Plugin IS NOT DEFINED for this component or the defined Build Plugin is INVALID.
        Analyze request DC BV... finished at 2016-02-01 17:44:28.113 GMT and took 0 ms
    ===== Pre-Processing =====  finished at 2016-02-01 17:44:28.113 GMT and took 32 ms
    Change request state from PROCESSING to FAILED
    Error! The following problem(s) occurred  during request processing:
    Error! The following error occurred during request processing: Activation failed due to component "sap.com/tst/mii_trans_test2" variant "default". The component is BROKEN.
REQUEST PROCESSING finished at 2016-02-01 17:44:28.113 GMT and took 47 ms

can anybody help?

thanks a lot!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Markus,

the important part in the build log you sent is the one you can see near to the end, i.e. the broken DC issue.

For this take a look at (NWDI)(CBS) the CBS-make log and-or CBS Web UI report broken DCs - Java Development - SCN Wiki

A little off topic, but since you are using MII perhaps you'll find this useful too

(this is not related to your current problem, it just crossed my mind seeing you use MII.)

I hope this helps

Regards

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

thanks a lot for your informations.

thats the result that i saw

in my list i see no DCs? whats wrong?

can you give mee some sheets or documentation about CBS and how to guide for that?

Thanks a lot!

Markus

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

could you please sort as per the column "Broken DCs" ?

Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

its the same result.

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Markus,

I rather meant the column sort option, see the up and down arrows I highlighted in the column header Broken DCs. could you please press it several times to see whether really always only 0 is displayed in that column or you can see a different number?

I expect that the broken DC is not in your custom SC (the one marked in orange) but in a standard SC delivered by SAP.

Thank you and Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey Ervin,

thats right the broken DC is not in my custom SC.

the number is always 0 hm whats wrong?

have you got a documentation about the whole CBS - Component Build Service or CMS - Change Mangement Service.

Thanks,

Markus

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

could you please change the visible rows/page of the table to say 50 and send again a screenshot (only of _D, at this point we are not interested in _C )?

Thanks and Regards,

Ervin

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

hey,

if i open this link:

http://localhost:port/webdynpro/dispatcher/sap.com/tc.CBS.WebUI/WebUI

i see the following:

maybe this will help?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey ervin,

here the screenshot

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

indeed following the guide about broken DCs won't help this time as no broken DC listed (even despite the error message in the log).

The error message is also saying the build plugin is missing and I am wondering whether this is all about the missing MII_BUILDT plugin. Could you please check again once you imported that SC into the Development Buildspace ?

I see this from here on one of the recent screenshots you sent

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

where i can import this ?

sorry but how i can read the full configuration step by step?

I can't find this on Marketplace 😞

Former Member
0 Kudos

i find this document:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f0d998ba-2076-2d10-b3be-90909838e...

its perfect to config mii to nwdi

but i didn't find any documentation about the other thinks like CBS or CMS to config...

Former Member
0 Kudos

i configured MII to NWDS till page 26 in this document the status is queued but in my case "failed"

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

MII is using NWDI, but it does not mean an MII guide can cover everything about NWDI.

It is like: a Webdynpro Java guide won't cover any Java programming.

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Support Packages and Patches | SAP Support Portal  --> A- Z Index | SAP Support Portal --> look for letter "M" --> SAP MII --> SAP MII <your version> --> Entry by component --> Build tool.

However which MII_BUILDT exactly to download I cannto tell as I am not an MII expert.

Still if you have it, you can put it into the CMS inbox (check your transport directory on CMS webui --> Landscape Configurator --> Domain Data tab, and then your cms inbox is: <your transport directory>/CMS/inbox)

Once the file is there, you can go in CMS' Transport Studio to the "Check-in" tab, and once checkin is done, you can import the SCA on the Development tab.

After this (if import succeded of course) my expectation is that the build cannot complain that the mii build plugin is not available (and you'll see the number of DCs of this SC in the CBS and not 0 like now).

For the sake of completeness I also add here an MII expert, if we are lucky, he can step in and help, but I cannot guarantee, so no promises.

Cc:

Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

thats correct now the MII buildt is there.

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

perhaps the same will apply to the XMII SCA by the way.

Anyway, could you please check whether the problem persists? Is it exactly the same in the error log , or slightly different ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

IT works!!! WOW!

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

a satisfied customer 😉

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I have to admit it was tricky as the error message was slightly misleading, but I am really glad it worked, Markus.  Happy MII-ing !

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks a lot Ervin!!!!!!!!!! 😄

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ervin,

one more question about this.

How i the normal way to transport the MII Transaktion from D to Q and P-System? How i configure the CMS to transport this? can you give me some sheets or documentation about this?

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi, I try to do my best (even though I am not an MII expert) but I recommend a separate thread as it helps others when searching for a specific problem. Cheers, Ervin

Answers (0)