cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment Specification - Is partial clearing possible?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi FICA Expert,

When I create a payment specification (for payment run) for a contract account, the open items of this contract account are listed in the "Items" tab. Please see below screenshot.

The clearing amount (RFKIP_TC - BETRW) is not editable.  Is it possible to make  this field editable therefore I can pay an amount that is small than the line item amount?  I would assume that the payment specification should allow partial clearing but I cannot find anything in IMG that allow me to make the clearing amount an editable field. 

Thank you in advance for your advice!

Jennifer

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jennifer,

I guess you can spilt the payment amount that you want to use for payment specification in the first place and then you the payment specification fucntionality to pay the amount.

So say, you have an document of $100.00 and you want to use only $20 in the payment specification.

Then you can use the t.code FPE2M to split the document into two separate line items of $80 and $20.Then you can use $20 for your payment specification.

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank Amlan.  I was not aware of FPE2M and its function to split the document until I read your reply. 

When I use the split function of this transaction, I get a short dump.  However, the document split is successful.  Are you aware of any OSS note for fixing this short dump?  We do not have any custom code related to FPE2M transaction.  Thank you very much!

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jennifer,

F4 308 is quite a generic error and needs to be investigated further to find the actual root cause by placing a debugger.

There are quite a few SAP notes, which discusses this problem, but am not sure which one will be applicable in your scenario as of now.

Thanks,

Amlan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

srinivasankh
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jennifer,

From what I can see in your screen-shot is that the 'Clearing Amount' under the items tab belongs to that open document 6700308829 and this is fixed for the document cannot be changed.

To achieve partial clearing, Payment amount 80 and the open document amount 90, depending on the Clearing Rules, if you just run the Payment Run or do Account Maintenance (FP06/FPMA), you should achieve this partial clearing.

Spro path for Clearing Steps:

spro -> Financial Accounting (New) -> Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable -> Basic Functions -> Open Item Management -> Clearing Control -> Define Clearing Variants.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Srinivasan.  I was asking if it would be possible to specify the partial clearing amount when creating payment specification.  It seems that it would not be possible.  Thanks.