cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to send invoice outputs to Ship-to party?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

My client is currently sending invoice outputs to customers (Sold-to parties) via email but for a specific customer they want to send it to Ship-to parties. Any ideas on the subject requirement would be highly appreciated.

Thank you,

Aakaash

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor

What have you tried so far (besides posting the requirement in SCN)?

Final invoices are most typically sent to bill-to / payers.

Ship-to usually get a delivery note (valuated or non-valuated), because it has the information, which is important to him for as a specific partner.

Sending an invoice to the sold-to or ship-to by e-mail - why does your customer need that? Neither of these partners is expected to store information on invoices, they are not going to pay for the purchase either - so how is the information from the fiscal invoice relevant for them? Please explain the business reason and the end-to-end business process.

Did your solution architect and the business process leader approve this requirement?

A couple of facts related to your requirement:

• you could have more than one ship-to-party in a single billing document (ship-to-party is on item level);
  • in standard SAP you have only billing header output.

I hope this would help you trigger critical thinking/problem solving process.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

My client has a customer which is a large distributor.This customer has more than 1000 stores which are mapped as ship-to parties in our system.

Per the customer's new requirement, my client is required to send invoice to bill to parties and also a copy of invoice to ship to parties for their reference.

As of now we are sending invoice PDF outputs via email to bill-to parties. I am looking for a solution which could enable the system to send copy of these invoices to ship-to parties as well.

Please note that the payer will be a single account and its actually up to us on mapping these 1000+ stores as ship-to parties or bill to parties. 

Thanks,

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why these stores would need to keep a copy of the fiscal invoice as a reference?

Is this some special kind of legal requirement in your country?

In Belarus I remember that you have to present TTN-1 to the customer upon delivery of products, but it is actually a very specific valuated delivery note (delivery output with F8) and holds not just information on prices/payment, but also weights, forwarding agent details, truck info, loading/unloading point, so it is easy to see its relevance for the ship-to-parties.

I still fail to see the added business value in mailing copies of F2 invoices to ship-to-parties, but well... if you wish to keep the client happy...

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's just the customer's whim because they have 1000 stores.

Ship-to is the item-level partner and one invoice could combine deliveries from different Ship-to's. There is no item level output in the billing documents.

But if this is of no concern to you then why not just configure output for Ship-to like for Sold-to and see if it works? I guess we circled back to the original question - what have you tried so far besides "spec dumping" on SCN?

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

Many thanks for your valuable suggestions. I am thinking to explore following option:

To create a new billing output type for ship-to which will be simultaneously determined by the system along with the existing billing output for bill-to.

For supplying ship-to information to the output determination, any relevant billing user exit will be used.

This user exit will first validate the correct sold-to party for which this enhancement should work. If it finds the right sold-to party then it will retrieve the ship-to information from the item data - partners (as in our process there is only one billing document against a delivery document) and fill the ship-to KUNWE field of a new access in the access sequence. Once the new billing output is determined, system will check the ship-to party master data to figure out the email id to send the similar invoice PDF output. 

Could you please advise the appropriate user exit or any other alternative options?

Regards,

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why do you think you need a user exit? Try just setting up output with Ship-to partner, like for Sold-to. You don't need to "check valid Sold-to", just maintain the condition records for the applicable Ship-to's.

By this time you could've already tried it (you do have an access to a test system, don't you?) and found an answer. It'd take like 15 minutes max.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Currently my access sequence doesn't have any access with a key combination of Ship-to.

On my sandbox instance, I have inserted a new field KUNWE in the field catalog for billing output and then created a new condition table containing Sales Org./Billing Type/ Bill-to/ Ship-to.

During the set up of access sequence, I have observed that I was unable to initialize my field for Ship-to party as there was no field for ship-to at the KOMKBV3 and KOMPBV3 structures.

Seems I'll have to include a custom field at the KOMKBV3 structure and then utilize a suitable user exit to proceed further.

Thanks,

tao_sun2
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you understood, in the SAP standard field KUNWE KOMKBV3 is not available in the structure. The reason for this is that receiver of the goods is not a mandatory partner in the invoice. If you require the Ship-to in the billing for message processing, you should define this field as a new field.(as what you have done)

In this regard, please check note #32662 for reference.

To fill this box in place, use the USEREXIT_KOMKBV3_FILL Include RVCOMFZZ.

Best regards,

Tao

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Aakaash,

This is an interesting and exceptional business need. Many members can take this as a concept, practice and output determination learning.

Also check if delivery note is sent to these SH by email. And if this customer would like to send the invoice PDF to different email recipients of the same SH. This would mean that there needs to be some differentiator which can "guide" the logic in both cases - delivery (existing) and invoice (new) - to delivery the email to the correct, relevant staff in the SH.

TW