cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Movement 415 Q does not transfer value from project to project

0 Kudos

Hi,

we need to move project stock for specific material qty from WBE1 to WBE2.

Posting 415 Q we have the result of moved project stock from WBE1 to WBE2

but no change in WBE Actual costs as we find row with value 0- from WBE1 and 0+ to WBE2.

Any suggestion to have material qty AND VALUES moved ?

Actually we use the workaround of cascading 411Q (from project to own) and 412Q (from own to project)

but this is really time expensive and moves material STD cost not actual cost (e.g. PO price).

Thank you for your help.

Silvia

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you using Valuated or Non-Valuated Project Stock?

The costs will not move with Non-Valuated Project Stock.

If you have Valuated Project Stock then check your MM account determination for the 415Q.  415Q will move material values.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Paulo and Ken,

I suppose that our Project Stock is non valuated in the sense that Project material stock laying in warehouse does not affect warehouse value.

On the other side a material received via PO MIGO in Project stock only increases WBE actual costs.

If I've understood correctly, the only way to transfer cost is to use the KB21N to decrease WBE1  and increase WBE2 of the cost of the transferred material.

Can you help me to find out why if I use 411Q I find a decreased WBE Actual (purchasing price) and wnen I use 412Q I find an increased WBE actual (std cost) BUT when I use 415Q only q.ty moves out and in ?

Do we have difference in 415Q and 411Q customizing ?

Where can I find the Material movement types setup related to this different behavior ?

Thank you a lot for your help.

Silvia

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Look at the Project Definition, that is where you make the stock determination setting.  It is either Valuated, Non-Valuated, or No Stock.

415Q is WBS to WBS transfer and since you are using Non-Valuated Stock the inventory in Project Stock doesn't have a value.  So you do not get a CO or FI document.

You can repost cost with KB11N.  KB21N is not applicable here.

411Q and 412Q are transfers from/to Project Stock from/to Plant Stock.  Plant Stock must be valuated so you will get a CO and FI document when you do this transfer.  The amount depends on the settings in the material master.  The value may or may not agree with the purchase price.

0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

your explanations clarified and set more comfortable my test results.

We actually have all WBS with Non valuated stock, so 415Q behavior is no more customizable to transfer costs: if we need it we will use KB11N.

Thank you a lot for your help.

Silvia

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the business will do a lot of material movements then Valuated Project Stock is advised.

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Silvia,

Do you have valuated project stock flag on both projects concerning two WBS-elements?  Can you show a screen of your material document(s)?  What is the material price in the unrestricted stock?

Regards,

Paulo