cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APL Installation on HANA SPS10 fails

0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want to install APL on our SAP HANA SPS10 (version 1.00.101.00.1435831484) in AWS. I followed the APL installation instructions as described in the APL Reference Guide.

First, I downloaded the APL from the software download center, choosing SAPPAAPL2004P_101-80000819.TGZ because this is for SPS10+. The installation on our linux machine seems fine, the output looks like this:

Checking installation...

Preparing package 'sap_afl_sdk_apl'...

Installing Automated Predictive Library to /hana/shared/HDB/exe/linuxx86_64/plugins/sap_afl_sdk_apl_2.4.010.01.0000000000_1...

Installing package 'sap_afl_sdk_apl'...

Installation done

In the reference guide it says that the HANA database is restarted during the APL installation. Since the installation only took 10 seconds in total, a restart obviously didn't happen. Also, I still cannot find the roles AFL__SYS_AFL_APL_AREA_EXECUTE and AFL__SYS_AFL_APL_AREA_EXECUTE_WITH_GRANT_OPTION on our system. The log file does seem normal, but there are these two lines included saying something went wrong:

Plugin Automated Predictive Library 2.4.010.01.0000000000 is not compatible with SAP HANA Database 1.0.101.00.1435831484 and will not be activated

Server version not compatible with plugin, skipping activation of plugin

What did I do wrong? Where can I find the correct version for our HANA SPS10?

And why does the console report a successful installation, though something went wrong?

I attached the complete log file in case you need this for further analysis.

Thanks and kind regards,

Svenja

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi again,

this is solved by using the version for SPS09. The PAM shows that SPS10 actually means revision 102.02 and above. For our SPS10 we thus still need the APL version for SPS09.

Maybe this can be clarified in the APL Reference Guide as well?

Regards,

Svenja

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Svenja,

Can you please detail what you would like to see fixed in the APL reference guide?

Looping

Thanks

Antoine

0 Kudos

Hi Antoine,

the APL reference guide only differs between SPS9 and SPS10, whereas this is incorrect for SPS10 revisions <102.02.

E.g., the reference guide shows this (and many similar texts):

The PAM defines it a bit more precise:

Additionally, the marketplace is also inaccurate:

I'd like at least a small remark on this in the reference guide, saying that SPS 10 actually refers to revision >=102.02.

Thanks,

Svenja

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Svenja,

Thanks, I'll follow up on this.

Antoine

Answers (0)