cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Delete Redefinition of Getter Setter Methods

0 Kudos

Dear All,

When I click on attribute on which getter setter methods have been redefined it is not allowing me to delete redefinition.

Also it is not allowing me to redefine getter setter methods.

I have deleted that method from class but it is still showing in green that is redefined.

When I double click on that method it is showing error that method not found in class.

I have also performed consistency check on view but no result.
Please suggest some solution.

Thanks & Regards,

Rohan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohan,

If you delete the redefinition of a method but can not see it deleted, it is always better to re-open the component workbench (bsp_wd_cmpwb). If even that doesnt work, you may try logging out and logging in again.

What might have happened:

You might have opened the implementation class and then opened the context class by forward navigation. If you reach your redefined method this way and delete the redefinition and then go back, you wont see the redefinition deleted. Just re-open the component workbench and it will show up expected things. Had you deleted the method redefinition directly by right clicking and deleting the redefinition, this wouldn't have occurred.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohan,

Open the implementation class using SE24 and perform syntax check. You are most likely to see some syntax errors. Try to remove those errors.

At the same time you can open the class using SE24 and click on find and put the attribute name in search. You will get to see all crap that is present in that class related to that attribute. Make sure you delete/comment everything that you do not want in that class related to that attribute. Ensure no syntax error in class.

Now open your business component using component workbench and it will all be fine.

0 Kudos

I have done everything syntax checks on class then consistency check on component but no result.

Yesterday I logged in into the system and checked that component again it was allowing me to redefine.

I have encountered this issue for 2 different systems but not able to get clear understanding why this is happening.

former_member190077
Participant
0 Kudos

This difficult return to its previous state the method ...

If you deleted manually from the main class, you must create it again !!

You know if there are many changes in that component / View ???

because if what you can do is delete the enhanced in the view, re-enhanced, but you can lose all the programming you've done in that view and return to doing what you were doing,

Erased few methods of the main class ?? that Component / View touched exactly?

Regards,

JMP.