cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Report viewer installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I have developed a web application with  SAP Crystal Reports Version=13.0.2000.0 and it was working fine in development environment. I need to move the application to UAT and production server . But when I try to install the SAP Crystal Reports Version=13.0.2000.0 its asking me to install the VS. Actually I dont want to set up the development environment higher environments. So Could you please let me know the required dll or the minimal installation will help me to work Crystal Report fine in higher environment.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

The VS installer does not work for runtime deployment.

Go to the Overview Tab and on the left is a link to download SP 16, for VS is the first one. For deploying the runtime only use the 32 bit MSI package.

Then it should work.

Don

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also, make sure that you install the same version of the runtime .msi as the version of the SDK that you've used in your code.  The earliest version that is available from is SP 12.  If you've used an earlier version in your code, you'll need to upgrade the install in VS and recompile the application prior to deploying it with the runtime.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am still confused. I am using 13.0.2000.0 in my code. I would like to know which link I need to select for download . The link which is provided contains so many versions. Should I select Support Pack 12 (v13.0.12.1494) and also there are many column named MSI 32 bit, MSI 64 bit etc. My server is a 64 bit. So could you please let me know the runtime version (which not required Visual Studio installation) required to install in my new server

Thanks

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

All of them are 13.0.2000.0.  Take a look at Control Panel>Programs and Features to determine which service pack you have installed.  You would then get the runtime that matches the service pack you're using.

I suggest using one of the .msi downloads - they seem to be the easiest to use.  You'll use 32-bit or 64-bit based on how your program is compiled.  It needs to be compiled to specifically target either X86 (32-bit) or X64 (64-bit); do NOT use "Any CPU"!  The runtime you use is based on the bit-ness of your program, not on the bit-ness of the server where it's being installed.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

So I need not install any Visual Studio 2010, 2013 , 2015 etc prior to crystal report installation right.

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That is correct.  The .msi will install just the runtime without the integration for Visual Studio.

-Dell

Answers (0)