cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analysis for excel and excel macros issue

Former Member

Hello All,

I recently started to use Sap businessObjects Analysis Edition for Microsoft Excel version 1.4.11.3353. When using the add in alone have no problems at all. However, if i add excel macros within the file i start getting problesm when re-opening this file consequently. The file goes in not responding stage just after the opening. If I disable the add in i can open the same file without any issues.

Do you know what eventualy could be causing this and how to solve?

Thank you

Borislav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I upgraded to SP13 of version 1.4 but I still have the same issue even after re-building the workbook from scratch and I cannot find any other possible reason for bugging the file. I am still getting the same issue...after the initial set up of the BW queries and the VBA code the file would go into not-responding stage only if the Add-in is activated. if the add in is not activated the file is working ok.

Any other suggestions?

Many thanks!

Borislav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its seems Analysis 1.4 has some issues when added to .xlsm file. I tried everything but issue with the not reponding stage remains. Even I tried on several computers, issue is the same.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Borislav, have you updated to the latest SP for 1.4?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

I was using SP11 and now i will update to SP13...will let you know if this would solve the problem.

Thanks

Borislav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any further suggetions? I am still having the same problem even with newly created files.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Both,

It is not the macro the problem, the vba code is not activated on opening the workbook hence there is nothing to do with the not responding stage of the file. There is no any message as well, the file just freezes. If I close it and de-activete the Analysis for Excel add in and re-open the file it will not have any problems. So I assume it is something with having the Analysis add in in a file with vba macros.

Thanks

Borislav

avinashd_m
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Borislav,

I am not sure it seems some office integartion with addin AO is causing this issue.

Try to reproduce this issue with the latest version of AO , it might resolve the issue.

Thanks,
Avinash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately the latest version of AO is not compatible with excel 2007 windows 7. This is what I read in the official release.

avinashd_m
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Borislav,

There are two cases for this issue :

1. On launching of the workbook , the macro that is executing if any , might be causing the issue.

So posting the macro code if possible , help here in better understanding of the problem.

2. Once workbook/Excel goes to not responding state, just check the back ground of the excel application there could be chance that some error pop-up messages would be showing if any.Posting that error information showing in pop-up help here in understanding the actual issue.

Thanks,

Avinash

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you put the macro in debug mode?  What happens then?