cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between Insert <> into Context after processing and Insert <> into after processing

arijitkumardas
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi there

What is the difference between

Insert <Table> into Context after processing <Expression> and

Insert into <Table> after processing <Expression>

My Expression returns the same values; and both my Applications work identically.

Thanks

Arijit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

What are the parents of each of the statements? That might give a clue. 

Were both statements created on the same version of BRFPlus?

My assumption would only be that the first is self documenting - by informing  you that variable is a context variable. Whether the "into context" text is shown may depend on the version of parent expreision or rule object.

The wording has sometimes changed a little from version to version..

And it may also depend whether the variable is a direct context element or a subelement of a context variable.

arijitkumardas
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jocelyn

Thank you for taking the time to look at this query; and for your response.

The BRFPlus version is the same. I created both the applications in 1 day. SAP ABAP and Basis 731 009 on ECC 6.

Where can I see the version of BRFPlus?

Let me try and provide a bit more context here. I have attached screen shots of the Data Objects and Expressions used in the Rule.

As you can see they are almost identical. One Expression has an extra column (with Context).

And one element has a binding (with Context); the other doesn't (with no Context). That is about it

Regards

Arijit

carsten_ziegler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Really interesting. It is the first time I see this (with context). Probably an intermediate version of a change between some SPs. Could have been triggered by a note or so.

Is there any difference in the steps to create the rule?

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Arjit,

Carsten's comment struck a thought... it could also be a unified rendering issue.  You might want to check all Unified Rendering notes for your SP have been applied.

See Understanding DSM and BRFPlus - the Unified Ren... | SCN   for more information

Rgds,

Jocelyn

arijitkumardas
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Carsten

Thank you for your response; and for taking the time to have a look at this issue.

No difference in creating the steps; and no difference in the results either. Both works in an identical fashion.

The difference lies in the expression - one has 2 input columns and 1 output column. The Expression with 2 input columns has the Condition with the Context. The one with just the single column has no Context.

Both the Expressions have a common input column; in one Rule this column has a binding; and the Condition has the Context. In the other Expression the column is not bound and the Condition has no Context.

Perhaps I should raise a note to explore further?

Regards

Arijit

arijitkumardas
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

9:32 PM AEST

Thanks Jocelyn; I shall have a read now! And revert back soon.

9:34 PM AEST

Ok; I just read your "shortest blog ever". We are light years behind. If this is consistent with the ABAP and BASIS SP then we we would be 731 0009. Will log in tomorrow and confirm.

Thank You!

Message was edited by: Arijit Das

carsten_ziegler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No other ideas from my side. But Jocelyn may be on the right track.