Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install a SAP Replication Server to replicate data from MS SQL to SAP HANA

robert_camangon
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

The company I work with now wants to install a SAP Replication Server to replicate data from MS SQL to SAP HANA, however this is a new concept to me. Does anyone have a brief overview on what is needed?

Assuming I have the following:

HANA server - HAN (sap101 server)

SQL server - SQL (sql101 server)

Replication Server - REP (sap102 server)

I've checked all documents in SCN and Sybase and based on my understanding, these are what are needed:

1) Install Replication server on REP. After installation, install SAP HANA Client on server as well

2) Install Replication agent in SQL

3) Configure connection between the three systems

The documents are somewhat all over the place so I'm not sure if I get the steps correctly. Can someone please confirm if my understanding is correct? Also, do I need to install Sybase ASE on the Replication server (REP)?

So far, I 've downloaded the following media from SAP:

REPSERVER1570302_0-20011160.TGZ - EBF 25197: 15.7.1 SP302 

REPSERVER1570136_0-20011160.TGZ - EBF 25164: 15.7.1 SP136 also certif. for Bus. Suite 

50118660 - Sybase ECDA Static License  

51044894 - ECDA Windows X86/Windows X64 

51044903 - DirectConnect Client 15.7 

51046311 - Replication Agent 15.7.1

Do I need any additional media? If someone has a link on the steps for this or has an idea on what is needed, it would be more than appreciated.

Thanks a lot for the help.

Robert

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

The following document will help, there is a MSSQL to Hana section:

Quick Start Guide for SAP HANA® Database

You will need a RepAgent MSSQL and a Replication Server with a license for Express Connect for Hana (ECH), and the Hana odbc driver (detailed in above document).  You do not need an ASE unless you require it for the RepServer RSSD (can use included ASA eRSSD in place of ASE).