Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mirror function for multiple company codes

victor_nkomo3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Friends

My client has this requirement;

Client over  60 factories and these factories have different company codes . The factories borrow against each other, the sell f Forex against each other. Client wants to create only one transaction in the event of a borrowing or Forex purchase/sell. The challenge is that the way mirror function works you maintain one company code as the main, now looking at over 60  factories that means identifying all the possible combinations and that is too tedious.

we are on EHP 7

Please share your your wisdom

Thank you inadvance

Regards

Victor

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Aniket_D
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Victor

You can maintain all possible combinations in system for mirror transactions using Excel file and LSMW.

Regards

Aniket

victor_nkomo3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Ho Aniket

Thank you for your response, Please elaborate, system only allows mirror function from main company which i have to maintain on

Maintain Relevant Product Types and Transaction Types.

Explain using an example, you can use just 5 company codes for clarity -thank you

Regards

Victor

Aniket_D
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Victor

The process is bit tricky but once you have LSMW in place it makes job lot easier. We have more than 50K entries under maintain relevant product types and transaction types. Whenever a new company code is created around 2K+ entries are to be added, so i created a LSMW for following 3 mirrioring tables and can now update tables very quickly .

1. Maintain relevant product types and transcation types - table to be updated VTBMDINFKT

2. Map prodcut types and transaction types -table to be updated VTBMDMAP

3. Process incoming data - table to be updated  VTBMDINFKT

Following is an example of one company code (1000), two product types (51Z&55Z), two partner (TR1001 and TR1002), two transaction types (100&200). This is only for presentation purpose. Once you have entries for one company code in excel you can easily replicate same set for other company code in. Similarly once you have entries for one product type you can create entries for multiple product type easily.

Now regarding creating LSMW, you have to use transaction SE16 and table name as mentioned above. For maintain relevant product types and transaction type table is VTBMDINFKT. While recording LSMW using SE16, you need to enter table name and execute and select option create with template as highlighted below. Once this is done you can compleLSMW as per normal process. This will not ask for transport number. Using LSMW you first upload all entries, once entries are uploaded you can filter newly added entries in SE16 by providing selection criteria for table  VTBMDINFKT and select all new entreis and use option "Transport entries" This will include newly added entries in your transport.

This will help you to maintain entries easily. Let me know if  you need any further help.

Regards

Aniket

P.S. Please close thread if it is answered.

victor_nkomo3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

Thank you once again for your positive response

Currently i am only doing three company codes on this phase-f001, f014, f048, of which its not much effort to configure the combinations

I did Ccode f001 against Ccodes f014 and f048 and its working fine now i am doing F014 as the main company adding it on

Maintain Relevant Product Types and Transaction Types

then on se38 i am getting error

MIRROR: Recursive entry in company code F014 partner INTERCF001 product ICL 200

MIRROR: Recursive entry in company code F014 partner INTERCF001 product ICL 100

Mirror: Outbound mapping for cocd F014 product ICL 100 is not maintained

Mirror: Inbound mapping for HQ DEBT (200->100) in cocd F001 is not maintained correctly

Mirror: Outbound mapping for cocd F014 product ICL 200 is not maintained

see attached

Please guide

Thank you

Regards