cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Machine standalone capability with SAP ME / SAP strategy concerning that issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi community, assuming you have sap-me integrated as the major MES system in shop floor and connection to me server will break down (e.g. for 3h)- but machine and operator  still have to stay productive... What option I have? Is there a possibiliy to have a minimized me application on machine/PLC level that machine and production stay alive? Regarding this do you have any idea  concerning machine standalone capability and is there an official SAP statement to th? Is there an Option e.g. to have a small local database on machine/IPC level to store data in the meantime (depending on Duration of downtime) until connection to server is available again? Therefore after downtime the local DB has to  replicate to ME Server DB not to loose the track and trace data. Thanks for sharing your ideas. best regards, sebastian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hello Sebastian,

You can consider using PCo for machine integration. All data, all requests processed by machines can for example be sent via PCo where you can configure a number of retry attempts.

As another approach, you can configure your machines to write some data to files. Then, in case of need (failure) you can enable the corresponding PCo Agent to monitor that folder and process the files.

The actual implementation of PCo is a separate topic and may require some consulting services, but I am pretty sure it can suit your needs for the case you described above.

Br, Alex.

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

If machines need the actual response from SAP ME to make a decision about the next operation, then I doubt you have any option.

However, if they only send some info about what has been done but not anticipating any reply, then such requests can be accumlated as files inside the tool which actually sends requests to ME. Once the connection to ME has been restored, the tool can catch up on the queue.

So, this mainly depends on how you implement integration with the machines.

Regards,

Sergiy